BUS 518 (1)
From ACT Bus Fleetwiki
|Removed from Service||August 1994|
|Desto Equipment||Roller Blind|
|Body Date||16 December 1977|
|Gallery Album||Bus 518|
Bus 518 was a MAN SL200
- It was first registered on 31 January 1978
- Bus 518 was fitted with the first production model AES farebox on 28 February 1978.
- Bus 518 was the first bus in Australia to be fitted with internal retarders.
- Bus 518 was the first ACTION MAN SL200 to adopt standard features seen in the rest of the SL200 fleet - a fully imported driver's seat, improved ventilation, modification to the driver's cabin door and the luggage compartment, a redesign of handrails, adjustment of the nearside route number box, and roof level clearance lights to the rear of the bus.
- Bus 518 was the first bus delivered to the Department of the Capital Territory with internal and external fleet numbers applied by the manufacturer.
- Until 2005, it operated for Campbell's Coaches Townsville (997 COC)
- As at March 2009, this location of this vehicle is unknown