BUS 240

From ACT Bus Fleetwiki
Jump to: navigation, search
240-1.jpg
Bus 240
Chassis Thornycroft Trident
Depot ---
Entered Service 1974
Removed from Service 1976
Desto Equipment Roller Blind
VIN PG/CR6/1
Body Syd Wood
Body Number 1913
Body Date 29 May 1962
Seating B47F
Fuel Diesel
Gallery Album Bus 240

Bus 240 was a Thornycroft Trident PG/CR6/1

Notes

  • This was the last bus built by Syd Wood.
  • Bus 240 was first registered on 19 June 1974.
  • It was originally supplied by J.H. Bowden, Waverley (as Thornycroft agent) to J.J. King, Kempsey in 1962. It was repurchased by Bowden in March 1974 before being sold to the Department of the Capital Territory on 14 June 1974 at the time of the 1974 vehicle shortage. [Source: Bus Fleets, ACTION, L.J. Pascoe 1984, Railmac Publications]
  • Following withdrawal in 1976, it was retained in the ACTION Heritage Fleet.
  • It was then sold to King Bros for preservation in the early 1990s.
  • Its fate is unknown.