From ACT Bus Fleetwiki
|Removed from Service||1976|
|Desto Equipment||Roller Blind|
|Body Date||29 May 1962|
|Gallery Album||Bus 240|
Bus 240 was a Thornycroft Trident PG/CR6/1
- This was the last bus built by Syd Wood.
- Bus 240 was first registered on 19 June 1974.
- It was originally supplied by J.H. Bowden, Waverley (as Thornycroft agent) to J.J. King, Kempsey in 1962. It was repurchased by Bowden in March 1974 before being sold to the Department of the Capital Territory on 14 June 1974 at the time of the 1974 vehicle shortage. [Source: Bus Fleets, ACTION, L.J. Pascoe 1984, Railmac Publications]
- Following withdrawal in 1976, it was retained in the ACTION Heritage Fleet.
- It was then sold to King Bros for preservation in the early 1990s.
- Its fate is unknown.