BUS 506 (2)
From ACT Bus Fleetwiki
|Entered Service||3 September 2012|
|Removed from Service||--|
|Desto Equipment||Hanover LED|
|Body Date||Jul 2012|
|Climate Control||ThermoKing ASR 140 1004|
|Gallery Album||Bus 506|
Bus 506 is a Scania K360UA 6x2/2 (Euro V plus EEV) articulated bus, which is based at Belconnen Depot.
- Bus 506 is the first of an initial batch of 20 CB80-bodied Scania K360UAs to join the ACTION fleet.
- It was also the first Custom "CB80" body in the ACTION fleet.
- Bus 506 was delivered to Woden Depot on 13 July 2012.
- ACTION have named this vehicle "Big Bendy".
- It was launched to the media on 1 August 2012. Photos taken at the launch can be found in our Gallery.
- Bus 506 performed a Canberra Raiders' charter shuttle on Friday 24 August 2012, prior to entering revenue service.
- It entered revenue service on 3 September 2012. Its first run was Route 58 departing Giralang at 0622 to the City.