BUS 621 (2)
|Entered Service||27 July 2017|
|Removed from Service||--|
|Desto Equipment||Hanover LED|
|Body Date||Jun 2017|
|Bike Rack||Sportworks VeloPorter 2|
|Climate Control||ThermoKing ASR 160|
|Gallery Album||Bus 621|
Bus 621 is a Scania K360UA 6x2/2 (Euro VI) articulated bus, based at Belconnen Depot.
- Bus 621 was delivered on 30 June 2017.
- Bus 621 is first Euro VI spec articulated bus in the ACTION fleet
- Bus 621 is the first Volgren bodied bus in the ACTION fleet. A further 30 Volgren-bodied buses have been ordered for delivery in 2018.
30 June 2017
A brand new model of articulated bus will join the Transport Canberra bus fleet this week as part of the ACT Government’s replacement and enhancement program.
"Our new Scania bus includes state of the art construction design, light weight materials and electrics which will reduce emissions," Minister for Transport and City Services, Meegan Fitzharris said.
"In the interest of safety, there are 12 CCTV cameras on board to provide security for the driver and passengers, as well as a rear door monitor where the driver can see passengers using the rear doors."
The new articulated bus will include a number of innovative features including:
- Low floor for wheelchair accessibility
- Volgren Optimus body with an aluminium frame
- New 63 passenger designed seating, additional leg room and increased lumbar support
- Total passenger capacity of 109
- Vandal proof stainless steel panelling on interior sidewalls and seatbacks
- Numerous conveniently located wireless passenger bell push system buttons
- Dimmable interior LED lighting
- LED external lights for increased safety
- Improved access for servicing and maintenance
- Low noise interior body design
- Bike rack
"During last year’s election, this Government committed to 80 new buses and a new Woden depot, as well as seven new Red Rapid (sic) lines," Minister Fitzharris said.
"The new buses will improve disability access for passengers and by the end of 2017, the ACTION bus fleet will have more than 80 percent of its buses disability compliant.
"Transport Canberra’s new edition (sic) to our fleet will form part of our new integrated public transport system combining complementary modes to move Canberrans around our city."