BUS 710 (2)
|Chassis||BYD Toro ebus|
|Entered Service||30 August 2017|
|Removed from Service||--|
|Desto Equipment||Hanover LED|
|Body||Gemilang Coachworks (Malaysia)|
|Body Number||AUS 122|
|Body Date||Jun 2017|
|Bike Rack||Sportworks DL2 (black handle)|
|Fuel||Electricity (Lithium Iron Phosphate battery)|
|Gallery Album||Bus 710|
Bus 710 is a BYD K9RA / Carbridge Toro ebus evaluation vehicle, based at Tuggeranong Depot. It is wrapped in a Special Livery - "I'm Electric".
- Bus 710 is leased from Carbridge until September 2018. It is being evaluated with another BYD Toro (Bus 711 - delivered Mar 2018) and a Volvo B5RLEH hybrid (Bus 712).
- The Toro is based on the BYD K9 ebus chassis and was built by Gemilang Coachworks (Senai, Malaysia) and imported by Carbridge.
- Bus 710 was delivered to Tuggeranong Depot on 5 July 2017.
- This vehicle was delivered in a plain blue/grey livery, but was wrapped in a special livery before entering service.
- Bus 710 was first registered on 14 August 2017.
- It was launched to the media on 25 August 2017.
- It was originally fitted with a VeloPorter 2 bike rack, but this was replaced with a DL2 (black handle) model in early September 2017.
- Bus 710 was exhibited at the Australasia Bus & Coach Expo held at the Gold Coast Convention Centre on 25 & 26 September 2017.
"I'm Electric" (Carbridge/Transport Canberra) - ~12 August 2017 to current
- also on Bus 711
Power: in-wheel motor drive with hub reduction. Maximum power 90 kW (120 HP) x 2; maximum torque 550 Nm x 2 (source: Wikipedia)
Seats: Vogelsitze with 6 single flip-up seats in wheelchair bays
Seat fabric: Camira BDI314 (blue)
Passenger capacity: 35 seated, 22 standing
Bus stop signal system: Tecknoware wireless push buttons with wheelchair signal
- Transport Canberra welcomes Alternate Fuel Buses to the fleet - Transport Canberra
- Carbridge electric buses to hit Canberra streets - ACT Bus (17 Aug 2017)
- Canberra's first electric and hybrid buses go into service on Monday - Canberra Times
- Canberra's electric bus: ACTION #710 BYD Toro ebus (6:39) - YouTube
- BYD Toro Electric Bus (7:20) - YouTube
- BYD Toro electric bus going down Parkes Way to the Arboretum (7:31) - YouTube