BUS 710 (2)
|Chassis||BYD Toro ebus|
|Entered Service||30 August 2017|
|Removed from Service||~9 November 2018|
|Desto Equipment||Hanover LED|
|Body||Gemilang Coachworks (Malaysia)|
|Body Number||AUS 122|
|Body Date||Jun 2017|
|Gallery Album||Bus 710|
Bus 710 was a BYD K9RA / Carbridge Toro ebus evaluation vehicle.
- Bus 710 was leased from Carbridge between July and 1 December 2018 (contract extended from September 2018). It was being evaluated by Transport Canberra with another BYD Toro (Bus 711 - delivered Mar 2018) and a Volvo B5RLEH hybrid (Bus 712).
- The Toro is based on the BYD K9 ebus chassis and was built by Gemilang Coachworks (Senai, Malaysia) and imported by Carbridge.
- Bus 710 was delivered to Tuggeranong Depot on 5 July 2017.
- This vehicle was delivered in a plain blue/grey livery, but was wrapped in a special livery before entering service.
- Bus 710 was first registered on 14 August 2017.
- It was launched to the media on 25 August 2017.
- It was originally fitted with a Sportworks VeloPorter 2 bike rack, but this was replaced with a DL2 (black handle) model in early September 2017.
- Bus 710 was exhibited at the Australasia Bus & Coach Expo held at the Gold Coast Convention Centre on 25 & 26 September 2017.
- As at 12 November 2018, its special livery was removed.
"I'm Electric" (Carbridge/Transport Canberra) - ~12 August 2017 to 12 November 2018
- similar livery on Bus 711
Power: in-wheel motor drive with hub reduction. Maximum power 90 kW (120 HP) x 2; maximum torque 550 Nm x 2 (source: Wikipedia)
Energy storage: BYD Lithium Iron Phosphate battery. Capacity 324 kWh
Tyres: 275/70 R22.5
Seats: Vogelsitze with 6 single flip-up seats in wheelchair bays
Seat fabric: Camira BDI314 (blue)
Tare mass: 13,240 kg
Passenger capacity: 35 seated, 22 standing
Bus stop signal system: Teknoware wireless push buttons with wheelchair signal
- Carbridge electric buses to hit Canberra streets - ACT Bus (17 Aug 2017)
- Transport Canberra welcomes Alternate Fuel Buses to the fleet - Transport Canberra/Internet Archive
- Canberra's first electric and hybrid buses go into service on Monday - Canberra Times
- ACT trials electric buses on public transport route - Renew Economy (31 Aug 2017)
- Canberra's electric bus: ACTION #710 BYD Toro ebus (6:39) - YouTube
- BYD Toro Electric Bus (7:20) - YouTube
- BYD Toro electric bus going down Parkes Way to the Arboretum (7:31) - YouTube