Minor Maintenance/Repairs Thread

Started by Buzz Killington, May 14, 2009, 06:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz Killington

950 is back in service after last week's accident.

There was a car vs bus at West Row and Alinga this morning. Possibly a .2 with a BCC ad on the rear. Buses were briefly diverted via University Ave and London Cct. I would've thought Rudd St would have been a more logical choice..

Bus 400

Quote from: Buzz Killington on March 20, 2014, 12:07:24 PM
There was a car vs bus at West Row and Alinga this morning. Possibly a .2 with a BCC ad on the rear. Buses were briefly diverted via University Ave and London Cct. I would've thought Rudd St would have been a more logical choice..

Someone else on Twitter has informed me it was .2, a Mercedes car turned left into Alinga St & failed to give way. Apparently he was cranky, because when you fail to give way & turn in front of someone. Who then hits you, you should get cranky shouldn't you.......

The Love Guru

Exactly what happened. B class Mercedes, so he couldn't afford a Mercedes in the first place. Some quality driving. It won't be the last time you see collisions at that intersection as it really is a poor design. Sooner they make Alinga St buses only in peak the better. Wake me up! I'm dreaming again.

Lachie

Quote from: Buzz Killington on March 12, 2014, 08:46:27 AM
Ute vs Bus accident at Cohen St/Westfield Statiom stop sign this morning, closing Platform 2 at Westfield.

The ute had some decent front end damage while the bus (950) appeared to have very minor damage, mainly to the bike rack.
I was there waiting for a 52 when that happened....

The Love Guru

There was another collision at that intersection this afternoon.

Barry Drive

Some time ago, I speculated on twitter that 153 was being sent to Woden for storage. While this has not been ruled out, it appears to be at Belconnen Depot for some mechanical repairs.

It's also possible that 135 is at Tuggeranong as a replacement, but I've not yet confirmed this.

Buzz Killington

A diesel MAN was in a minor accident on London Cct this morning

http://images.canberratimes.com.au/2014/06/04/5481865/dm-wide-crash-620x349.jpg

Can't quite make out the fleet number.

Skitube

wonder how it will take to fix 512's front left light, black bit around the light gone

smitho

A number of Tuggeranong green buses are going around with the  extremities of the front end  "orange smile" cut off due to headlight panel repairs; one has hand painted extremities using non-matching yellow paint.

Barry Drive

Just saw 453 with some damage on its engine cover. So that was the likely rear end victim.

Bus 400

Bus 401 is sitting in Tuggeranong Depot missing its rear axle.

King of Buses

Quote from: Bus 400 on August 09, 2014, 05:08:53 PM
Bus 401 is sitting in Tuggeranong Depot missing its rear axle.

That would make for an interesting picture...

Bus 400

I'll post a photo tomorrow.

King of Buses

Cheers. I wonder why its missing the rear axle though...

Bus 400

It is, what you see is the front axle. Which looks like it is at the rear.

The Love Guru

Actually appears that the motor and gearbox have been removed. Maybe it is easier to remove the whole driveline assembly and then lift the body out of the way.

Barry Drive

There's a fairly long fluid (oil / diesel ?) trail which follows route 7 from Bruce into Belconnen Depot. Fairly reliable source says it left there by an Irisbus.

King of Buses

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on September 19, 2014, 10:40:02 AM
There's a fairly long fluid (oil / diesel ?) trail which follows route 7 from Bruce into Belconnen Depot. Fairly reliable source says it left there by an Irisbus.

What else would it be  ::)

Busfanatic101

Saw bus on tow truck @ 3:42pm at launceston/Melrose dr intersection coming out of Lyons. Didn't get a proper look, but looked like a MAN 18.310

The Love Guru

Busfanatic101

Quote from: The Love Guru on November 12, 2014, 07:29:42 AM
Would be either 392 or 393 then
Nup, it had the big pod on the roof, so probs 374-389 (but I didn't really see much of the rest of the bus, so could have been a 94UB, but I highly doubt it)

The Love Guru

Buzz Killington

The Love Guru

Which aren't 18.310s at all, as they don't have the 310hp motor in them!

Buzz Killington

The specifications note a 310hp engine, but this is far from my area of expertise so happy to be corrected, though they are badged as 18.310s.

Barry Drive

They don't deliver 310 HP due to the CNG power, although it may be same engine block.

I never expected The Guru to start being a pedant - he knows that's my job!

The Love Guru

Lol, just getting you started (ACTbusspotter)

King of Buses

339 was involved in an accident today. I saw it at plat 8 Woden today and I think it happened there. The driver side mirror was inside the bus and the small window on the driver side and the headlights were smashed up/ missing respectively. I have a pic that I might be able to upload later in the week....

140 (at least I'm fairly sure it was 140...it definitely had the new seats) is broken down this evening at stop 4749, engine flap up and not going anywhere in a hurry :-P

Barry Drive

Yes it was 140 - it was towed into B depot just after 2230 last night.

Busfanatic101

388 has recently lost it's windscreen fleet numbers... could mean it got a new windscreen

King of Buses

I noticed that when I was at tuggers Interchange yesterday afternoon. ..I'd say it does. When 527 loses its fleet nos it means that...527 always seems to need a new windscreen. ..conspicuous

The Love Guru

527 doesn't require the windscreen numbers to be legal

King of Buses

404 was expelling a lot of white powdery gas in the City this afternoon...I'm not sure what was wrong with it but it had the breakdown truck in attendance.

Busfanatic101

521 now has a window where there used to be that frill thingy at the sides of the back white bit.

389 has new rear lights- LEDs I think, with 20~ bulbs in each light

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Busfanatic101 on February 04, 2015, 06:49:50 PM
521 now has a window where there used to be that frill thingy at the sides of the back white bit.

....what?

They mean that the offside rear grille is missing. Not sure if it's permanent.

The Love Guru

Quote from: Busfanatic101 on February 04, 2015, 06:49:50 PM

389 has new rear lights- LEDs I think, with 20~ bulbs in each light
Both incorrect.

521 has the grill off the drivers side heat vent on the rear corner missing. This has been missing for some time now.

389 was delivered with different LEDs installed. Some other late gas MANs have either different brake or indicators to the norm but 389 is the only one with both brake and indicators of the multi LED style. There are also a couple of tuggy stags that have 1 of the multi LED on the indicator.

Busfanatic101

:p always correcting everything...

I noticed today that 348's fuel gauge suggested that it was running on basically no fuel, with 50mins left on that service. Nervously keeping an eye on the fuel gauge, I noticed that every 30seconds or so, the needle would swing up to around the half way mark before dropping again- Faulty fuel gauge?

also notice that the back window was open, even though the aircon was working. My understanding was that these were kept locked?

Barry Drive

Yep. That's sounds like a faulty fuel gauge to me. Better send ACTION an email ASAP.

Busnerd

Unsure how the ACTION Gassies work however some gas vehicles will show empty on fuel gauge however they have a 'bar' display with how many bars? of gas remaining. Usually a red seven segment display showing how much gas is left.

Busfanatic101

148 broken down at southbound Callum/Hindmarsh intersection this morning. Others on the bus noted how it would set off the bus lights each time, delaying the traffic, as it was on the sensors... I though this was pretty funny :)

Snorzac

Spotted 475 getting towed down Parkes Way out of the city this afternoon approx 1730

Bus 400

That must of been the steertag thay was broken down on Commonwealth Avenue outside Albert Hall.

King of Buses

Quote from: Bus 400 on February 06, 2015, 08:17:59 PM
That must of been the steertag thay was broken down on Commonwealth Avenue outside Albert Hall.

It was. I got all the passengers on 556 which I was on...

King of Buses

The Tuggeranong Supervisors van (213-673 I think it is) has a white back now (as a result of an accident? I haven't seen it for ages until today.)

Busfanatic101

949 broken down on west london Cct this morning

Buzz Killington

An Iris (307?) was broken down on Southern Cross Dr (Belco bound) at Florey early this morning.

Bus 400

Bus 346 was broken down on the side of the Tuggeranong Parkway yesterday morning on its way to City or Gungahlin/Dickson.

398 is broken down on Northbourne Ave, northward, at Mouat St. It's causing all sorts of traffic snarls: traffic is banked up all the way to the City. My 39 just took over 30 minutes from McKay St to Antill St; the apps are showing many Northbourne services running up to 40 minutes late.