539-620 Scania K320UB deliveries

Started by Barry Drive, May 24, 2014, 01:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skitube

a friend of mine got a photo of the sydney plant a few weeks ago, and it had an ACTION bus. think it was 558 or 559
speaking of 559, will it end up in tuggie or belco?

Barry Drive

Quote from: Skitube on November 04, 2014, 09:54:56 AM
speaking of 559, will it end up in tuggie or belco?
Definitely a "wait and see" on this question. As there's still 10 (or so) Mk1s in service + 993 & 994, it's possible that Belconnen might get another 10 before any go to Tuggeranong. But the word was that Belconnen would be getting only the first 20, so the other possibility is that they will transfer the low-numbered Mk2s (or maybe PR100.3s) north for each new bus in service at Tuggeranong.

Busfanatic101

Whats the fuel consumption of these SCANIAs?

The Love Guru

Busfanatic101

I meant how much they use, as in Litres/distance

The Love Guru

Varies greatly on the work they do.
Heavy suburban running uses around 25% more fuel than intertown running.
Generally they use between 35 and 40L/100kms + AdBlue consumption. These figures will decrease over time as engines bed in.

Busfanatic101

Thanx. would you happen to know the official figures?

Barry Drive

Busfanatic101

SCANIA? Idk about buses, but on cars, they have those stickers on them to begin with, which has fuel consumption on it.

And page 1300 on http://www.hansard.act.gov.au/hansard/2013/pdfs/20130321.pdf has figures for all other types of buses. Dunno where they got this from, but i'm assuming there would have been some 'official' figures where this data came from.

The Love Guru

Figures quoted to the assembly would be from workshop records.
Figures for the new Scanias have not been made publicly available, hence quoting a rough range. You will not get an exact consumption figure as it is so dependant on work being done, loading and ambient temperature.

smitho

Photographers from "a buses magazine" were at Tuggy Depot today in connection with a forthcoming article dealing with the relative emissions of a newly arrived Scania (557) and one of the oldies - Renault 891.

King of Buses

559 at the bricks....the Tuggers euro vi invasion commences...shame they aren't replacing the gas scanias with these...save the PR2s!

smitho

561 on the Tuggy bricks, not far from 559.

Meanwhile ex-SAR Alco diesel-electric locomotive, 962, is expected to find a new home in Canberra in the near future. Not sure whether it will be for vintage heritage train operations by ARHS ACT or for freight haulage by its commercial arm (Espee), or possibly both.

The South Australian Railways (SAR) 930 class are very similar to the NSWGR 44 class and were first generation mainline diesels introduced in late 50s / early 60s.

Barry Drive

Quote from: smitho on December 15, 2014, 09:08:23 PM
561 on the Tuggy bricks, not far from 559.
Just visiting. It was back at B depot for fit out last night.

But expect 560 will be ready to go soon.

The Love Guru

King of Buses

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on December 16, 2014, 09:11:56 AM
Just visiting. It was back at B depot for fit out last night.

It was going along Nettlefold St then into B depot via Cohen around 1610 yesterday displaying 2 on the destination sign...I was surprised to see so many euro sixes around Cohen st bus station at around the same time...one driver would've preferred a diesel MAN by the sound of it though  ::)

King of Buses

560 in service from The (was mentioned on Twitter but not here). Saw it several times today.  I think it has a reversing camera too like the artics. ..black though. New addition to euro 6 buses. Will the others be retrofitted?

smitho

Quote from: King of Buses on December 19, 2014, 07:02:12 PM
560 in service from The (was mentioned on Twitter but not here). Saw it several times today.  I think it has a reversing camera too like the artics. ..black though. New addition to euro 6 buses. Will the others be retrofitted?
It saw some revenue service yesterday afternoon as well....as far as I know, it is the only Scania rigid diesel at Tuggy Depot at the moment.

King of Buses

If 559 has gone to Belconnen, B has 20 Euro 6s. Will 545 go to B or to T...and will the rest of the new scanias go to T? And does anyone know what is first on the agenda to withdraw, PR2 mark ones or PR3s. ..

Busfanatic101

Quote from: King of Buses on December 28, 2014, 11:44:39 AM
If 559 has gone to Belconnen, B has 20 Euro 6s. Will 545 go to B or to T...and will the rest of the new scanias go to T? And does anyone know what is first on the agenda to withdraw, PR2 mark ones or PR3s. ..

Please PR3s... but most likely Pr2 mkIs

Barry Drive

All valid questions. Answers may not be known for another month or three*.

There are other withdrawal possibilities: Darts; Mk2 Renaults or nothing.

* or whenever 545 finally enters service.

Barry Drive

For those who may have missed it on twitter, 562 was delivered to Woden Depot sometime last week (but before Christmas Day).

Barry Drive

Quote from: King of Buses on December 19, 2014, 07:02:12 PM
560 in service ...  I think it has a reversing camera too like the artics. ..black though. New addition to euro 6 buses. Will the others be retrofitted?
Looks like the answer to that is yes. 543 sighted today with a rear camera.

smitho

Observed 561 and 562 lined up together outside Belconnen workshop this morning.

King of Buses

Another one has materisalised at Woden Depot. 563?

The Love Guru

King of Buses

Quote from: The Love Guru on January 28, 2015, 11:07:52 PM
612 actually

WTF?  It's gotta be 563 or 564 or thereabouts. ..612...that's ridiculous. It's about 2 years early if it's true though. ...

Barry Drive

King of Buses

Should've known from who posted it! And it is 563. I checked today (and not cause of this...)

The Love Guru

Well you ask a stupid question and you'll get a stupid answer.
545 has been pretty much the only bus delivered out of order in the past decade. It was safe to assume it was 563.
Perhaps a little more thought prior to posting may put you in a better position to get a proper answer to your questions.

smitho

If you're out watching the Convoy for Cancer tomorrow, a very well presented Bus 560 should make an appearance.

Buses 561 and 562 should be joining the Tuggeranong fleet with the resumption of school runs (next week hopefully).

Bus 400

For those not on Twitter (& not grammar nazi's), Bus 561 was seen in service on Friday & Bus 545 was spotted in service earlier in the week.

I'll be parked on my spot on Well Station Dr, Franklin photographing the convoy tomorrow.

King of Buses

Quote from: Bus 400 on January 31, 2015, 08:48:01 PM
I'll be parked on my spot on Well Station Dr, Franklin photographying the convoy tomorrow.
Photographying? LOL.

Will the buses end up with those convoy stickers (usually up with the stop signal sign) over the interior like 491 and 495 do?

Quote from: Bus 400 on January 31, 2015, 08:48:01 PM
(not grammar nazi's)

I had to >:D

Bus 400

Quote from: King of Buses on January 31, 2015, 09:32:37 PM
Photographying? LOL.

Auto correct let me & it's a word that I may speak, but rarely type. I've edited the post anyway.

Bus 400

Bus 560 is also dedicated to Nigel Stokes.

Barry Drive

I wonder whether 554 will keep its sign writing. Can't see the need to have two.

Barry Drive

562 & 563 are both now racked and registered.

What is likely to be 564 (unless proven otherwise) has been delivered to Woden Depot.

King of Buses

Another euro 6 has appeared at woden. Are we up to 565 or 566?

Busfanatic101

Can confirm 562 is now in service

lukeo25

I saw 565 going along Northbourne Ave today (Friday 27th February) going towards the south side, it had dealer plates so it was going to Woden (I think). Not sure though as I was on a northbound 343 to belco

King of Buses

563 is in service; was on S/R 689 this afternoon. Not sure how long it had been in service (smelt and looked pretty new).

King of Buses

565 was in service today on a 51 or 52...

564 has been in service a few weeks now to (seeing as it isn't mentioned here...)

Bus 503

According to Nextthere, 566 is in service although confirmation of seeing it would be appreciated.

King of Buses

565 appears to have a different air con unit to the rest of the euro 6s...trial? From a distance it looks similar to what the MAN diesels have...perhaps more rounded :/

Bus 400

According to ACTBUS Wiki, it is a trial unit. See http://www.actbus.net/fleetwiki/index.php?title=BUS_565_(2)

The Love Guru

Notes on wiki should read 'hispacold' not 'hipsacold'. It's a Spanish air con unit (hence the hispa in the name).
According to the specs it has virtually identical cooling capacity as the TK units however it has about half the heating capacity. Interesting to see how it preforms over winter.

King of Buses

565 and 550 at Woden. Compare if you wish :)

Busnerd

Most of the State Transit CB80's have 'Hispacold' units, as do a fair chunk of newish CDC buses. Also the ones on the CB80's started out as white and have now faded to yellow

King of Buses

569 and 570 are at Tuggeranong Depot