March 19, 2019, 05:38:05 am

Unusual bus allocations

Started by Bus 503, August 12, 2018, 12:26:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Toyota Camry

It was an afternoon 200 service from Gungahlin Place to Fyshwick, in that direction.

Busfanatic101

For those concerned that Volgren artics have gone AWOL 672 was in service today.

triumph

Quote from: Busfanatic101 on February 05, 2019, 08:49:26 pm
For those concerned that Volgren artics have gone AWOL 672 was in service today.


Given that Bus 503 reported Volgren artic substitutions and their seeming disappearance (no sightings claimed prior to today) over the last fortnight, the question of what might have occurred is still unresolved. 

Bus 503

Quote from: Busfanatic101 on February 05, 2019, 08:49:26 pm
For those concerned that Volgren artics have gone AWOL 672 was in service today.


681 was in service yesterday morning.

Also noted that 515 was operating an early morning route 252 yesterday that is normally covered by a Belconnen ARTIC.

Busnerd

Saw several Volgren artics yesterday morning peak heading into the city, assume they're back to service, that is, if they ever stopped being used in the first place is only hearsay.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Would it possible that the lack of Volgren artic sightings and the bring back of unused Renault's be due to the Volgren's being fixed up in the workshops for some currently unknown reason?

triumph

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on February 06, 2019, 01:19:08 pm
Would it possible that the lack of Volgren artic sightings and the bring back of unused Renault's be due to the Volgren's being fixed up in the workshops for some currently unknown reason?

That is one fascinating speculation. If this was the case, it must have been serious to cause a stand-down. Note that 621 has been in service a long time too. Also the stand-down would seem to be pre-planned if the return of Renaults is connected. Further, if that was the case, we can expect the Renaults to be promptly withdrawn again. A factory recall/warrantee campaign requiring all to be available at an agreed period would fit this speculation.

So far despite some evidence (no sightings, substitutions), we don't have solid confirmation of a stand-down. I find that surprising given forum members' informal contacts.

If there was a stand-down, there are other speculations such as an 'industrial' issue.

But 'straws floating in the wind' and speculation is all we have at present and speculating too much can result in mistaken information going into history. So, unless fresh information comes to light, it is desirable to now let the subject drop .

Toyota Camry

309 is presently sitting in the layover at Woden with the engine hatch open; it may be suffering from mechanical issues.

Toyota Camry

Quote from: Toyota Camry on February 06, 2019, 02:56:25 pm
309 is presently sitting in the layover at Woden with the engine hatch open; it may be suffering from mechanical issues.

An announcement has just been made informing passengers of a cancellation of a route 25 service to Cooleman Court; as this service normally operates with an Irisbus, it is highly likely that this is linked to the failure of 309.

Busfanatic101

Quote from: Toyota Camry on February 06, 2019, 02:58:55 pm
An announcement has just been made informing passengers of a cancellation of a route 25 service to Cooleman Court; as this service normally operates with an Irisbus, it is highly likely that this is linked to the failure of 309.

This topic is for unusual bus allocations.

triumph

528 (a bendy) was noted on route 906 late this morning. An allocation due Multicultural Festival? Or what may be routine if some Rapids are to regularly get articulated buses rostered on Saturdays. The patterns of use sees interchanges between rapid and local services, so if a 'bendy' is allocated to rapid runs it will also appear on some local runs. Not much point in TC rejigging this to intensively operate 'bendys' on Rapids as the new network is only a few weeks off.

The situation on Sundays around mid to late afternoon Blue Rapids City to Belconnen is getting worse. My partner and myself were denied boarding at the CITY stop last Sunday due to the bus being full. The following service also operated full but luckily no one had to be left behind though it was a near thing. A circumstance which definitely calls for the routine allocation of 'bendys' or STAGs now.

I am unsure if these are really appropriate as 'Playground' items.

Busfanatic101

Quote from: Toyota Camry on February 17, 2019, 08:49:55 pm
You have not stated your point; 309 was allocated to route 25, not to breakdown, hence my posting was correct, and you were not. It is recommended that you apologise to me; as I am older, smarter and wiser than you. Additionally, it is highly unlikely that you are an EL1; personally, I am one.

You might like to refer back to your original post
Quote from: Toyota Camry on February 06, 2019, 02:58:55 pmthis service normally operates with an Irisbus


It is not unusual for a service that is 'normally' operated by an iris to be operated by an iris.

Barry Drive

... nor is it unusual for 309 to break down.

Barry Drive

February 18, 2019, 12:18:56 pm #63 Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 12:21:10 pm by Barry Drive
Quote from: triumph on February 16, 2019, 10:40:23 pm
528 (a bendy) was noted on route 906 late this morning. An allocation due Multicultural Festival? Or what may be routine if some Rapids are to regularly get articulated buses rostered on Saturdays.
:
:
I am unsure if these are really appropriate as 'Playground' items.

This entire post should have been made on "Weekend Bus Reports", rather than here since artics on weekends is no longer unusual.

But I'm slightly less inclined to be strict with off topic postings in "The Playground".

triumph

Quote from: Barry Drive on February 18, 2019, 12:18:56 pm
This entire post should have been made on "Weekend Bus Reports", rather than here since artics on weekends is no longer unusual.

But I'm slightly less inclined to be strict with off topic postings in "The Playground".

Sorry, I had lost sight of the existence of the very similar 'Weekend Bus Reports' (despite having recently posted to it). Quite ok by me to move the post.