March 19, 2019, 04:54:54 am

Bus Discussion (2019-)

Started by ajw373, January 03, 2019, 10:52:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ajw373

This morning I saw a bus (Volgren rigid don't know fleet number) on the Barton Highway turning right into Northborne Ave. It was displaying route 251 on the rear desto.

I followed it down to Antil Street and when we stopped at the lights I noticed the route was now showing as 58.

Anyone know why it would change like that? Something quirky with what I assume is a Summernats diversion for south bound buses or something else?

Sylvan Loves Buses

It was probably just dead running to Gungahlin.

Sylvan Loves Buses

ajw373

Your probably right. I just looked and buses are not diverting down the Barton this year. And come to think of it, it didn't stop heading down Northborne either.

But still a bit strange anyway.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Some drivers certainly do some strange things when dead running. I've seen quite the few myself over the past few years.

Barry Drive

January 12, 2019, 06:15:45 pm #5 Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 06:25:37 pm by Barry Drive
ANNOUNCEMENT: This is the continuation of General Fleet Discussion, but just for buses. (There will be a separate topic for trams.)

This topic is for discussion of the buses themselves - where it does not fall into another topic (such as bus movements or all over advertising).

Conversations regarding the allocation of buses to particular routes have been moved to the Unusual bus allocations topic in The Playground.

Barry Drive

January 17, 2019, 10:40:25 am #6 Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 02:53:21 pm by Barry Drive
As passed on to me by Bus 400, on the ACT Government Tenders website is an Advance Tender Notice:

"Procurement of 40 Buses"

Estimated advertising date, 30 June 2019. (Which may mean no further new buses until 2020.)

And yes, that is all it says. No information about delivery dates, bus lengths or motive power source.

Sylvan Loves Buses

514 suffered a front and side desto display failure this evening. The front shortly fixed its self up, but the side still wasn't working.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Back to normal school day network finally, can relax knowing my schedule has many Renault's in it again :D. With that in mind, I'll be keeping my eye out for the threatened fleet numbers during my outings if more are unseen by other's here, such as 928 this afternoon coming up from the Depot.

I also walked around the backside of T Depot today to take photos of anything special that caught my eye (other than 711, there weren't really any), capturing a few of the 2's and 3's around the back fence that aren't currently in service (100, 101, 105, 119, 912, 915, 941 of which I remember seeing).

Quote from: Toyota Camry on February 04, 2019, 07:04:21 pmdue to this site's censorship policy, I will not be sharing which service.

You don't need to keep saying that.

Barry Drive

February 04, 2019, 10:20:09 pm #9 Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 11:08:57 am by Barry Drive
Reminder: this is NOT the correct topic for unusual sightings. Off topic posts will be (and have been) deleted.

Bus 503

Has anyone seen 491 in service lately? I haven't seen it or tracked it for a long time.

triumph

Quote from: Bus 503 on February 22, 2019, 07:40:50 pm
Has anyone seen 491 in service lately? I haven't seen it or tracked it for a long time.

What is a long time? I have a ride record on 9th November last year.

Bus 503

Quote from: triumph on February 22, 2019, 10:46:33 pm
What is a long time? I have a ride record on 9th November last year.

I don't remember seeing it at all in January and February this year. Can't quite recall whether I saw 491 in December 2018--it's possible, but I don't remember ever seeing it then.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Yeah, I haven't caught it since August last year either, could've sworn I had seen it recently, but I can't remember every bus I've seen. I'll keep an eye out for it now, and check by the Depot next time I get the opportunity to legally have a good look around the back.

Bus 503

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on March 12, 2019, 05:43:22 pmFound it!

Thanks for the photo, Sylvan. Interesting that it was parked next to 381, which is another bus that I hadn't seem in service since February. Though I believe it recommenced service this week (please correct me if you have sightings of 381 between February 2019 and before March 13th, 2019).

I haven't seem 491 at all recently, so I am still asking for sightings of it in service.
Other buses I haven't seen and am looking for sightings of (in service) are 382 (no sightings since mid February), and 441 (have not sighted it this month).

King of Buses

Quote from: Bus 503 on March 17, 2019, 07:08:15 pmThanks for the photo, Sylvan. Interesting that it was parked next to 381, which is another bus that I hadn't seem in service since February. Though I believe it recommenced service this week (please correct me if you have sightings of 381 between February 2019 and before March 13th, 2019).

I haven't seem 491 at all recently, so I am still asking for sightings of it in service.
Other buses I haven't seen and am looking for sightings of (in service) are 382 (no sightings since mid February), and 441 (have not sighted it this month).

Everything except 491 has been seen around the place by myself in that period. They obviously have not been where you have though.