On Sunday 1 May, the Lions Club of Canberra and the Transport Industry Skills Centre will host the Canberra Region Transport Show at the Sutton Road Driver Training Centre between 10:00am and 4:00pm.
For a cost of $10.00 per adult or $20.00 per family, attendees can enjoy a variety of activities. Of particular note for bus enthusiasts is the chance to get behind the wheel of an ACTION Bus.
Anyone over the age of twenty years who holds an unrestricted ‘C’ class drivers license can register to receive a safety and induction briefing prior to getting behind the wheel of an ACTION Bus for a test-drive. A qualified driver will be on board for the duration to provide assistance. Places are limited and are allocated first come, first serve.
Information regarding recruitment opportunities with ACTION will also be available on the day including special needs transport drivers, cleaner/refuelers and mechanics.
There’s plenty of other activities on offer
• Snowy Hydro Southcare Helicopter
• Truck and Car Show-n-Shines (entry fee)
• New Vehicle & Equipment Displays
• Live Music, Live Radio Broadcasts
• Cobb & Co Coach & Horses
• Old, Interesting, & Unusual Vehicles
• Motorcycles, & Historic Engines
• Competitions, Trophies, Charity Auction
• Vintage Cars, Trucks, & Stationery Engines
• Car Clubs, & Information Sessions
• Kids Rides & Entertainment
The Canberra Region Transport Show will be held on Sunday 1 May 2011 at the Sutton Road Driver Training Centre from 10:00am to 4:00pm. All proceeds from the entry fee will go to local charity projects. For more information call 0413 997 990 or visit http://www.suttonroad.com.au/
This page was last updated on 29 April 2011