BUS 506 (2)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Bus 506 - Big Bendy|
|Entered Service||3 September 2012|
|Removed from Service||--|
|Desto Equipment||Hanover LED|
|Body Date||Jul 2012|
|Bike Rack||Sportworks DL2 (black handle)|
|Climate Control||ThermoKing ASR 140 1004|
|Gallery Album||Bus 506|
|* BUS 506 (1)||– MAN SL200|
Bus 506 is a Scania K360UA 6x2/2 (Euro V plus EEV) articulated bus, which is based at Belconnen Depot.
- Bus 506 is the first of an order of 20 CB80-bodied Scania K360UAs to join the ACTION fleet.
- It was also the first Custom "CB80" body in the ACTION fleet.
- Bus 506 was delivered to Woden Depot on 13 July 2012.
- ACTION have named this vehicle "Big Bendy".
- It was launched to the media on 1 August 2012. Photos taken at the launch can be found in our Gallery.
- Bus 506 performed a Canberra Raiders' charter shuttle on Friday 24 August 2012, prior to entering revenue service.
- It entered revenue service on 3 September 2012. Its first run was Route 58 departing Giralang at 0622 to the City.
- Bus 506 was fitted with a VeloPorter2 bike rack in the week of 15 May 2017.
- In early March 2020, Bus 506 was involved in a collision.
- It was repaired and returned to service on 29 April 2020 with a new DL2 (black handle) bike rack replacing the VeloPorter2.
All Over Advertising
Recruitment Hive – 23 September 2019 to 20 September 2020
- similar wrap on Bus 427