Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Removed from Service||--|
|Desto Equipment||Hanover LED|
|Body Date||Jun 1993|
|Bike Rack||Sportworks DL2|
|Gallery Album||Bus 982|
Bus 982 is a Renault PR100.2 based at Tuggeranong Depot.
- It was delivered to ACTION on 25 June 1993, the same day as the final Renault PR180.2 Mk2 bus (Bus 989) was delivered.
- From 1993 until 2008, Bus 982 was in a special livery (known as "Cultural Base") to mark the year of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders. It was hand painted by a local Aboriginal Artist. Following accident damage in 2008 the bus was repainted into a plain brown livery, which was the base colour of the special livery.
- In July 2008 it received a new special livery celebrating Aboriginal Reconciliation. BUS 990 was also put into a special Reconciliation livery at the same time as 982, however the two liveries are nothing alike.
- Bus 982 was fitted with a DL2 bike rack during March 2010.
- On 19 October 2010 the bus was hit by a reversing garbage truck, causing structural damage to the back half of the nearside of the bus.
- It was repaired and returned to service in March 2011 in corporate livery.
- In July 2016, its Alcatel/STC Cannon flip-dot destination signs were replaced with Hanover LED equipment.
"Cultural Base" – 1993 to May 2008
- Hand-painted aboriginal design with a brown base and many dot paintings including native animals (pictured)
Aboriginal Reconciliation – July 2008 to March 2011
- A multi-coloured design, with Aboriginal-styled lizards on the side