BUS 671 (2)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Entered Service||18 June 1985|
|Removed from Service||31 October 1985|
|Desto Equipment||Flip Dot|
|VIN||B60 - P02|
|Gallery Album||Bus 671|
| next >>
|* BUS 671 (1)||– Scania BR112H|
|* BUS 671 (3)||– MAN SG192|
|* BUS 671 (4)||– Scania K320UB|
Bus 671 was a Leyland Lynx B60 evaluation bus
- Fleet number 671 was previously allocated to a Scania BR112H evaluation bus in use during 1984.
- Its body was built by JW Bolton in Perth to Perth MTT specifications, including evaporative cooling.
- It also featured flip dot destination equipment, with a full display on the left hand side, above the door.
- Prior to operating for ACTION, it operated for MTT Perth between December 1984 and March 1985. It was (11) / 6YY 320
- Its original Leyland hydracyclic transmission was replaced at Kingston workshops by a Voith D851.2 and it re-entered service on 23 August 1985 with considerable improvement in the vehicle's performance.
- After withdrawal from ACTION, this bus was operated by Hornibrook Bus Lines (Clontarf Qld) in 1985.
- In 1987, after spending two years in storage, the vehicle was modified to have the centre door removed and the seating capacity increased from 39 to 45. The bus was then bought by Doug Lever (Lever's Coachlines). Its first permanent registration, ACT MO 14, occured on 30 August 1987 and it was numbered 114 in the Lever fleet.
- When Lever's was taken over by Deane's Buslines in 1992 it was renumbered 62 and it was the first bus to carry DBL fleet names.
- The evaporative cooling roof pod was removed and the roof rebuilt by ACTION workshops on 30 July 1993.
- A new front, below the windscreen, was built by Everlast (Fyshwick) after an accident in Kingston in August 1995.
- In May 2012, Deane's Buslines donated the bus to the Sydney Bus Museum.
- In April 2021, the Sydney Bus Museum transferred this vehicle to the Bus Preservation Society of WA.
|Owner/Operator||Location||Registration||Fleet #||Date From||Date To|
|Hornibrook Bus Lines||Clontarf, Qld||039-PSF||unknown|
|Lever's Coachlines||Queanbeyan||(ACT) MO 14||114||30 Aug 1987|
|Deane's Buslines||Queanbeyan||(ACT) MO 14||62||1982|
|Sydney Bus Museum||Sydney||19 May 2012|
|BSP WA||Whiteman Park, Perth||15 Apr 2021||current|