BUS 711 (2)
|Chassis||BYD K9RA Toro|
|Entered Service||18 June 2018|
|Removed from Service||14 February 2019|
|Desto Equipment||Hanover LED|
|Body||Gemilang Coachworks (Malaysia)|
|Body Number||AUS 195|
|Body Date||Jan 2018|
|Energy source||Plug-in Electric|
|Gallery Album||Bus 711|
Bus 711 was a BYD K9RA / Carbridge Toro ebus evaluation vehicle.
- Bus 711 was leased from Carbridge Australia. It was evaluated with another BYD Toro (Bus 710) and a Volvo B5RLEH hybrid (Bus 712).
- The Toro is based on the BYD K9 ebus chassis and was built by Gemilang Coachworks (Senai, Malaysia) and imported by Carbridge.
- Bus 711 was delivered to Tuggeranong Depot on 16 March 2018.
- This vehicle was delivered in a plain blue/grey livery, but was wrapped in a special livery before entering service.
- Bus 711 was first registered on 10 May 2018.
- The Tare Mass of Bus 711 is 500 kg more than Bus 710 due to battery differences. As a result, its legal carrying capacity is 8 fewer standing passengers.
- Bus 711 was collected from Tuggeranong Depot on 21 March 2019.
- Since leaving ACTION, it has operated as Airport shuttles at Perth and Brisbane.
"I'm Electric" (Transport Canberra) – 1 June 2018 to March 2019
- similar livery on Bus 710
|Operator||Location||Registration||Fleet #||Date From||Date To|
|Carbridge||Perth Airport||1GVN-863||EV14||2019||Nov 2020|
|Swissport||Brisbane Airport||XQ-80PL||Nov 2020|
Power: in-wheel motor drive with hub reduction. Maximum power 90 kW (120 HP) x 2; maximum torque 550 Nm x 2 (source: Wikipedia)
Energy storage: BYD Lithium Iron Phosphate battery. Capacity: unknown
Tyres: 275/70 R22.5
Seats: Vogelsitze with 6 single flip-up seats in wheelchair bays
Seat fabric: Camira BDI314 (blue)
Tare mass: 13,840 kg
Passenger capacity: 35 seated, 14 standing
Bus stop signal system: Teknoware wireless push buttons with wheelchair signal