Yes
12 (66.7%)
No
4 (22.2%)
Unable To Commit At This Stage
2 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

The Love Guru

A tour has been organised to mark the closing of the Belconnen Interchange & the retirement of the Mk 1 PR 180.2's (though this may be a little premature as they will soldier on for a little while longer).

The tour will commence at 9:30am and conclude around 4pm.

Buses for the tour will be (providing they are available for service) BUS 700, the first 180.2 delivered to ACTION and BUS 709, the only ZF gearbox equipped 180.2.

Cost for the tour will be approx $20. This will require 20 people to attend to cover costs. Should we be able to get to around 30 attendees, we will be providing a BBQ lunch at a picnic area somewhere around LBG.

Here is a rough schedule,

9:30am, BUS 700 pick up at Tuggeranong I/C
9:40am, BUS 709 pick up at Belconnen I/C
10:00am, buses to meet at City West Layover (photo stop)
10:15am, depart for Gungahlin town centre, then onto Forde and making our way through the suburbs to Belconnen.
11:15am, Disembark for a walking tour of the Belconnen Interchange. (Hoping to be able to go behind the scenes here, subject to approval)
11:45am, Tour of the newly constructed bus facilities in the Belconnen town centre, followed by a drive through of the Belconnen Depot (again subject to approval).
12:15pm Travel to LBG for lunch (if numbers are right), if not there will be a lunch stop made in the city.
1:15pm Black mountain (photo stop) then through the parliamentary area, railway to Fyshwick. Then on to Airport precinct and another photo stop at Fairbairn Park.
2:45pm Mt Ainslie for more photos, then a final drive around the city.
3:45pm Buses depart city for Tuggeranong (700) and Belconnen (709)
4:15pm Finish

Times are only a rough guide and the tour will be totally flexible with times.

I need to know numbers in the near future, so for those that wish to attend if you could please send me a private message or leave a post here.

I will give an update in a few weeks to let everyone know how we are going.

Will be a fun day for all involved and a last chance for photos of the Belconnen I/C.

I look forward to seeing everyone on the day.

Chris Guru

Bus 400

I'll be up for that. Is this a private function or being organized within ACTION?

The Love Guru

It is a private charter, organised by myself. However, ACTION have been most accommodating so far.

Sir Pompously

Sounds good Chris, should be able to Attend aslong as I can get my work shifts shifted if they happen to clash with the day!

Busnerd

thats why you cross that day off on the roster...if your casual you can say im not working, too bad.

If your permanent, fill in annual leave form.

Bus 400

Also who would work on ANZAC Day? Woolies & Coles are usually shut till 12 & close earlier & alot of other places don't even bother. Although the pay would be 250% then normal pay.

Snorzac

Probably be able to come, have we got any particular drivers doing the charters, ie. Chris in 709 and maybe Fraser in 700?

Can they open the busway for the tour?

Bus 400

I didn't know that the busway was closed off. I went past the northern entrance & it looked open. I'll have to have a sticky beak when I check out Belco Depot tomorrow.

Snorzac

There are huge barriers, how can you miss that!

Bus 400

I was heading towards Ginni Road & doing whatever the speed limit is +7k's.

But I would think it shouldn't be a problem if we temporarily moved them while the busses past through & moved them back.

Busnerd

Bus 400

I will not accept this, this is about a farewell tour to Beclo Interchange & artics & this gets brought up every time an interchange closes (even though this is the second interchange to close as City Interchange was in Moore Street before.

In case no one picked up on it, I was doing a Pauline Hanson on Today Tonight.

But back on topic!!!
Have any of the artics even been up Mount Ainsile or Black Mountain & how would they fair? As the normal busses struggle & artics struggle going up Hindmarsh with a bus load of kids on them?

The Love Guru

TP3000, those ANZAC day hours will apply to Saturday not the day of the tour. For ACT residents it is a long weekend.

PR100.3, at this stage your guess is correct, i will drive the Belconnen bus (709) and Fraser has offered his services for 700, providing we can get enough interest to make it viable.

Bus 400

Woopsie, I forgot which day ANZAC Day was on.

bubzie

how the hell do you manage to forget what day anzac day is on?? it's not like the date changes!

Quote from: TP 3000 on March 05, 2009, 10:22:10 PM
Also who would work on ANZAC Day? Woolies & Coles are usually shut till 12 & close earlier & alot of other places don't even bother. Although the pay would be 250% then normal pay.
Me for one. The money is awesome. and take last year, not only did i find it hilarious to see everyone FLOOD inside when we opened, i got put in charge because my managers were on holiday! ha!

Snorzac

Quote from: TP 3000 on March 06, 2009, 12:14:32 AM
I will not accept this, this is about a farewell tour to Beclo Interchange & artics & this gets brought up every time an interchange closes (even though this is the second interchange to close as City Interchange was in Moore Street before.

In case no one picked up on it, I was doing a Pauline Hanson on Today Tonight.

But back on topic!!!
Have any of the artics even been up Mount Ainsile or Black Mountain & how would they fair? As the normal busses struggle & artics struggle going up Hindmarsh with a bus load of kids on them?

I have done a school trip up both Mt Ainslie and Black Mountain in 711 and it got up there alright.

The Love Guru

So far we have only got 9 confirmed names on the list, however i have drawn up a rough of list of who i think will attend and it comes in at a neat 20. Fingers crossed everyone comes and hopefully a few more that i don't know of.

Will start collecting names 2 weeks before the event to come up with a firm list of attendees.

Ed

Trolleybusracer

I will Be Attending, And "Craig" From ATDB Will Be Also

Bus 400

I am sorry to inform you Chris_Guru, but I will no longer attending this event. I hope that everything goes well & to Chris_Guru, smitho, Martin, Ed & any other ACTION drivers out there, I hope to see you all one day when I am a driver in the near future.

Edited: Please refrain from commenting in that manner on Private School Children. SP

Snorzac

Enough of the been nasty to private schooled people. I go to a private school, and most of the mods and admin have gone to private schools. You can't judge people because they go to a private school.

bubzie

I went to a public school, and i turned out alright.

Almost everyone else on here went to/goes to private schools, and they also turned out alright.

Enough is enough.

Bus 400

-

Sir Pompously

Yes, thats good. Three pats on the back for you.

It is time to now cease the Private vs. Public school conversation. You have been warned.

The Love Guru

** UPDATE **

To due operational requirements, we are only able to attain 1 artic for our tour. At this stage it will be the class leader, BUS-700 (providing it is available for traffic etc..)

Please find below the updated schedule for the day.

9:30a   Pick Up Tuggeranong I/C  (we then follow old 333 route via parkway)
9:45a   Pick Up Woden I/C
10:00a  Pick Up City I/C
10:15a  Arrive Belconnen I/C - Disembark here for a tour of the Interchange
11:00a Drive around tour of the new Belconnen town centre improvments and Belconnen Depot
11:30a Depart for Northern subrubs, including Forde, Amaroo and Gungahlin Town Centre, then into the city
12:20p Arrive in City, we then proceed to Lake Burley Griffin for a BBQ lunch
1:15p   Depart LBG for Black Mountain
1:30p   Photo stop at Black Mountain
1:45p   Tour drive to Fairbairn Park via Parliment, Railway Station, Fyshwick and the airport precinct
2:45p   Arrive Fairbarin Park (Photo stop)
3:00p   Depart for Mt Ainsley (Photo Stop)
3:30p   Depart for City via ANU
3:50p   Arrive City I/C, drop off
4:05p   Arrive Woden I/C, drop off
4:20p   Arrive Tuggeranong I/C, drop off, end of tour

For those of you wishing to board in Tuggeranong, there are several 900 routes that arrive in Tuggeranong before the tour starts. We will also be picking up at Woden and City, and dropping people on the return.

Tour cost is still at $20, however closer to day once numbers are established this may drop to $15. With just the 1 bus lunch will definately be provided in the cost.

Trolleybusracer

Choice Bro! i'll be getting on at Woden, What Platfrom?

The Love Guru

Hadn't thought about platforms, but we'll go for 6 at Tuggeranong, 5 at Woden and 3 in the City.

lukeo25

i will be attending and getting on in woden, do you pay on the bus or some time be4?

The Love Guru

Just pay on board, hadn't got that far into it but it will be easiest to do it on the tour.

Bus 400

Irisbus Rider

Buzz Killington

I've added a poll to this thread. You are able to change your vote at any time.

Snorzac

We have to have the footy coming over the radio.

Busnerd

Orrr not, you can just buy the paper on monday...

I've convinced about 4 people from up here to come for the tour...not sure how many others are coming, perhaps someone can put the invitation on facebook and send it to all the bus people?

Snorzac

Is there something up in the depot for drivers that ,may like to come along?

Busnerd

If someone can measure the desto blind in a mk1, maybe martin or someone. I will get a 'fake desto' made up on paper that sticks on one of the blank signs on the desto roller. Also, I need suggestions on what it should say,

Im thinking something like

Renault PR180.2 Mk1

Or maybe Farewell PR180.2's

I was thinking the first one but also use the buses fleet number on the number rollers, ie.

|7|0|0|Renault PR180.2 Mk1|

Carrie

I intend to come on the bus tour Sunday 26th April, unless I am not well. I'll start at Belconnen Interchange. I may have missed it, but what platform number do we meet at? And I hope you have scheduled in a couple of toilet stops for us oldies? :-[

The Love Guru

** FINAL UPDATE **

We are only able to attain 1 artic for our tour. At this stage it will be the class leader, BUS-700 (providing it is available for traffic etc..)

Please find below the updated schedule for the day.

9:30a Pick Up Tuggeranong I/C - Platform 6(we then follow old 333 route via parkway)
9:45a Pick Up Woden I/C - Platform 5
10:00a Pick Up City I/C - Platform 3
10:15a Arrive Belconnen I/C - Disembark here for a tour of the Interchange - Platform 16
11:00a Drive around tour of the new Belconnen town centre improvments and Belconnen Depot
11:30a Depart for Northern subrubs, including Forde, Amaroo and Gungahlin Town Centre, then into the city
12:20p Arrive in City, we then proceed to Lake Burley Griffin for a BBQ lunch
1:15p Depart LBG for Black Mountain
1:30p Photo stop at Black Mountain
1:45p Tour drive to Fairbairn Park via Parliment, Railway Station, Fyshwick and the airport precinct
2:45p Arrive Fairbarin Park (Photo stop)
3:00p Depart for Mt Ainsley (Photo Stop)
3:30p Depart for City via ANU
3:50p Arrive City I/C, drop off
4:05p Arrive Woden I/C, drop off
4:20p Arrive Tuggeranong I/C, drop off, end of tour

For those of you wishing to board in Tuggeranong, there are several 900 routes that arrive in Tuggeranong before the tour starts. We will also be picking up at Woden and City, and dropping people on the return.

Tour cost is still at $20, however closer to day once numbers are established this may drop to $15. With just the 1 bus lunch will definately be provided in the cost.

The Love Guru

We have 24 confirmed attendees so far. If you know anyone that wants to join in please let me know.

The Love Guru

** NOTICE **

Due to unfavourable weather conditions forecast for the tour this Sunday, it has been decided that lunch will take place at the Canberra Centre. This is due to a lack of undercover facilities available around the lake.

The cost of the tour will now be $15 per head as lunch will not be included in the price.
Sorry about the late notice, Mother Nature isn't being nice to us!

See you all on Sunday

Chris

Snorzac

Robert will be happy, he can have his curry with chilli sauce then

Busnerd

lol...dont' even want to know.

Chris, you can park the bus under North Quarter, one of those streets there has a bus bay in it.

Alternatively, legislative assembly or interchange.

Snorzac

legislative assembly would be good for photos.

I_adore_buses

I will be coming with lukeo25, as I am his sister.  Why I am coming you might ask??  It is because I have nothing to do pretty sadly. :(

Ed

I'll be hopping on at Woden by the way.

Bus 400

I'll pick it up at Tuggeranong (unless we can imagine that the Parkway had a diversion via Summerland Circuit)?

lukeo25

I adore buses aka my sister will not come and hope its still on

Irisbus Rider

I for one would like to send a huge thank you to Chris, Fraser, and everyone else that helped organise this wonderful event, and of course, a massive thank thank you to everyone that came along, you all helped make the day even more enjoyable!