670 Fundraiser Tour: Sunday 10 July

Started by Buzz Killington, May 29, 2011, 08:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz Killington

670 FUNDRAISER TOUR

Date  Sunday 10 July
Time 10am - 6pm
Cost $20.00 (plus gold coin donation at the RATEC Clubhouse)

Pickup Locations
There will be only one pickup location this time, at Belconnen Community Station. Whilst we have picked up at all interchanges in the past, this can take up to two hours.

Tour Locations
10.00 - Pickup at Belconnen Community Station

- Belconnen Depot Drivethrough
- Gungahlin Suburbs (including Hall)
- Lunch - Canberra Centre (approx Midday)
- ANZAC Parade
- RATEC Visit
- Tharwa Bridge via Monaro Hwy
- Cotter
- Scrivener Dam

Retired ACT Transport Employees Club Visit
The bus will be making a stop at the RATEC Clubhouse, where for a gold coin donation to the club, attendees will be able to view the clubhouse and its memorabilia. Cans of soft drink can be purchased at the club, and a toilet is available.

RSVP
Numbers are LIMITED, so you need to RSVP. The preferred method is via our Facebook Event however if you do not have a Facebook account, you need to make a post in this thread.  The Facebook event is located here: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=225166830828942

People who turn up on the day without having made an RSVP risk not being able to join the tour.

Dinner
For those who are interested, dinner will be held after the tour at a location to be determined in Dickson. Individuals will be responsible for the cost of their dinner, which is not included in the $20.

Fundraiser?
Keeping, running and maintaining a bus isn't cheap, buddy boy. Over the next twelve months, the cost of registration, insurance, parking and maintenance will exceed $2,500. The $20 tour fee will help cover this cost. Anyone who is feeling generous enough to chip in a bit extra would certainly have that kind gesture greatly appreciated.

The Gold Coin donation at the RATEC Clubhouse will assist the club with its ongoing utilities costs.

Ed

smitho

Sounds great, thanks.

I want to join you on this tour, but will confirm closer to the date as I'll need to make a short trip to Adelaide around that time.

King of Buses

I'll Be Coming along with an extra! :)

Barry Drive

Group dinner afterwards? Turk Oz or Jimmy's Place?

lukeo25

I'll be there like always , with more old timetables from my stash. We should try to get up to Hall this time or go into NSW

Snorzac

Quote from: MyWay on May 31, 2011, 04:19:11 PM
Group dinner afterwards? Turk Oz or Jimmy's Place?
It's got to be Jimmy's, that place gets my vote as the best Chinese place in Canberra...although TurkOz was nice as well.

The Love Guru

I vote Jimmys too, it was very very nice!

smitho

Probably need to be in SA over 15 -17 July - which means I'm clear to do this tour.

Buzz Killington

First post has been updated with a bit more detail.

CanberraTransport

Busnerd

ianbus

Ian Cooper will be attending the fundraising tour on 670 on 10 July. Thanks for the invite.

Sir Pompously

Seeing as though Tharwa Bridge has re-opened, maybe we can head over and get photos of 670 coming over the bridge?

smitho

Quote from: ianbus on June 24, 2011, 11:40:24 AM
Ian Cooper will be attending the fundraising tour on 670 on 10 July. Thanks for the invite.

Look forward to catching up with you Ian - been a while since we last caught up @ Hobart Place.

Busnerd

I will advise on Wednesday/Thursday this week If I can attend or not, I have to wait til then for the new rosters to go up

AOQ951

I hope to attend my first Canberra tour :) I will confirm for sure on Wednesday.

Cheers,
AOQ951

Buzz Killington

Trevor and Carole Lawrence from RATEC will be attending.

I'm also pleased to advise that the Retired ACT Transport Employees Club has kindly offered to open their clubhouse to tour attendees. For a gold coin donation you will be able to have a look through their memorabilia collection. We envisage the tour will spend approximately one hour at the club.

Cans of soft drink will be available for purchase at the club, and there is a loo for those who need to use it.

King of Buses

Just a question, What about Lunch?
Do we bring our own stuff orare we going to go somewhere.
Maybe if we bring our own, we can have it at the RATEC clubhouse?

Snorzac

On the past two day tours we have parked at a shopping centre and told people to be back in an hour. I dare say it will be the same this time.

Also can everyone please let me know if they will be coming to dinner after so I can make a booking on Thursday, I will confirm on the tour but let me know if you are coming or you are thinking of coming so we can give them advance warning. This dinner will be at Jimmy's Kitchen in Dickson.

lukeo25

Me and my dad will coming for the dinner afterwards

Buzz Killington

Thanks to all that have RSVP'd - we have had a superb response.

We now have a draft itinerary put together - so unless there are any last minute ideas, we will release the itinerary during the week. We've been able to incorporate several quite scenic spots that our tours have not ventured to before into the day.

Time will be allocated for a lunch stop - as per the 700/Belconnen Interchange tour, we will be stopping in Civic, so there will be plenty of choices on places to eat.

smitho

Confirmation: I'll be coming on the tour and will also be @ dinner.

Buzz Killington

Itinerary

- ANZAC Parade
- RATEC Visit
- Cotter
- Scrivener Dam

AOQ951

I will definitely be on the tour :) Sadly I won't be doing the dinner after the tour, already got a family do to go to.

Looking forward to meeting a few new people from here :)

Cya Sunday!!  8)

Cheers,
AOQ951

King of Buses

Quote from: Buzz Killington on July 06, 2011, 07:58:01 PM
Itinerary

- ANZAC Parade
- RATEC Visit
- Cotter
- Scrivener Dam

Hall. ;D
Cotter :)
If time allows, possibly the tracking station?

Sir Pompously

I have put that suggestion in, however unless it is an overcast day, you would be looking at shooting straight into the sun! It is a morning location only, or right on dusk when the sun just sets below the ranges.

smitho

Quote from: Buzz Killington on July 03, 2011, 07:17:06 PM
Thanks to all that have RSVP'd - we have had a superb response.

We now have a draft itinerary put together - so unless there are any last minute ideas, we will release the itinerary during the week. We've been able to incorporate several quite scenic spots that our tours have not ventured to before into the day.

Time will be allocated for a lunch stop - as per the 700/Belconnen Interchange tour, we will be stopping in Civic, so there will be plenty of choices on places to eat.

One of my old work mates is coming along with me; name is Derek. He will do the tour but NOT attend dinner.

CanberraTransport

I'm going to have to bail at the 11th hour. Work today asked me to come in tomorrow. Sorry all.

Kramden

Sitting in a warm lounge room looking out at this God-awful weather while tapping away on the laptop had made me wonder if you guys are REALLY enjoying yourselves out there.  I'm sure it's comfortable in the bus, but once outside it's just the pits!

I hope it was a good tour just the same.  Look forward to reading reports here.

King of Buses

route56

Top day - highlight was the fang through the forest flatout at 80 KMH!

Thanks to Chris and all involved.

Buzz Killington

I'll also add my thanks to those who came out yesterday - everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.

Thanks in particular to Chris, RATEC and John (for not injuring anybody with his driving)

King of Buses

Buzz Killington

I'd like to pass on the thanks of RATEC - $50 was donated to the club by tour attendees on Sunday, through the entry donation and sales of badges and soft drinks.

The money is a great help to the club, so thanks to all.

smitho

Thanks to Chris and the other tour organisers and bus cleaning team. Excellent trip.