[DBL] New Airliner bus (With livery)

Started by Sir Pompously, February 02, 2008, 06:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Pompously

Volvo B7R No43 MO6838 a low floor with P&D Bodywork has been given an advert for the Airliner which includes Woden in its list of destinations. I Myself have not seen this particular vehicle before and am unsure whether it is a new one, or a re reg.

Irisbus Rider

Odd.

Could be one of the new units they're receiving ATM, but that might go to Eden.

Ha, why are they getting more Airliner vehicles? Soon, they will receive some real competition from ACTION in BBP, the major part of their market on this service.

Sir Pompously

Well there will be no competition from the airport itself, and also Brand Depot. Plus staff at BBP mostly get their fares payed for by a company, so it is a free ride. Even though most would probs catch ACTION from Woden or City interchanges after the Airliner, it will still be a $3 no matter which way they go. The Airport and Brand depot can get a good load out during the peak periods.

Irisbus Rider

The only reason it gets good loadings in peak hours is because of BBP, thats what I'm saying.

joshula

it a new route
canberra airport to woden interchange

Sir Pompously

If you read what I said was it gets a good load out of the AIRPORT and BRAND DEPOT during peak hours due to the parking facilities at the Depot and Passengers travelling through to the City after working, or going to a meeting. BBP Fills up the blank holes, as will Majura Business Park. A2 however is normally dead as. The service can and will be able to sustain itself with smaller buses when ACTION Comes in as the ACTION Services will not run to the Terminal. The bus above would be good if they had more of them running the airliners instead of the coaches, as they are wheelchair access.

And yes Simon, we know it is a new route as it has been in around since Decemeber last year and it is called the A2. Runs only in peak hours to and from Woden.

seat cover

You did well to get that photo as the bus has only been on the road since late last week, I believe. I would assume that the vehilce was ordered prior to the announcement of ACTION going to the Airport, as it takes 3 to 4 months to get a vehilce built.

Busnerd

Well Todd reported it to me, and we met up later that day to get photos of it, todd got a couple then had to go home as he had an early work shift that day which = tired.

So i got more photos of it and eventually got a ride on it after the door incident. It went quite well and im still wondering what the SOUTHPORT ENGINEERING TV is for in it.

seat cover

My sources in Deane's tells me that the southport screen is information and advertising. It is now working   

Sir Pompously

That would be about right, seeing as the Skybus in Melbourne advertises in the buses and plays a video welcoming people to Melbourne and farewelling them.

Busnerd

Was on 43 again today and it is indeed now working