2 (14.3%)
351 Tuggeranong BS (ACTbusspotter)
5 (35.7%)
947 Woden (ACTbusspotter)
2 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: April 30, 2012, 02:15:46 PM

Barry Drive

Nominations are now open for Photo of the Month for May 2012. In addition to being shown on the actbus.net front page for a month, the winning photo may be used as the cover photo for the ACT Bus facebook page.

Here are the rules:

• no more than two photos per user
  • photos must be from ACT or contain former ACT bus
  • photos must PROMINENTLY include a bus
  • photos must not have been previously submitted for POTM

Submissions close midnight 23 April.

Bus 400

Entry numero uno is Bus 850 on David Walsh Avenue. I hope this one passes the new rule.

Next up is Bus 415 on Curran Drive in Nicholls.

Sir Pompously

BUS-340 a Scania L94UB CNG is seen at Belconnen Community Centre Bus Station at dusk

BUS-495 a MAN 18.320 is seen on College Street heading to Belconnen Town Centre after running a Blue Rapid service from Lanyon

Barry Drive

Bus 351 laying over at Tuggeranong Bus Station on a wet Saturday

Bus 947 with Abode AOA at Woden

Barry Drive

Voting is now open. Only 2 votes per member. (Voting options are at top of page.)

route56

Photos 1, 2 and 3 do not prominently feature buses. Well over 65% of the area of those photos do not have any bus in them.

Buzz Killington

I'd say the bus quite easily takes up two thirds of the second photo. The third has bus infrastructure so I'm happy with that. 

And the bus is clearly the focus of the first one.

The rule says prominently but it doesn't specify any particular percentage of the photo that must be a bus. It's more that the bus is the focus point of the image. If that first photo was full of other goings-on I might say no, but it's a nice landscape with a bus in it.

Bus 400

If so required,  photo 1 could be cropped.
Also if a photo doesn't quite agree with you, then don't vote for it.

Sir Pompously

Quote from: route56 on April 24, 2012, 04:45:38 PM
Photos 1, 2 and 3 do not prominently feature buses. Well over 65% of the area of those photos do not have any bus in them.

If the photo was 90-99% bus, then you would have boring photos of buses taking up the whole photo with no scenery.

Buzz Killington

Congratulations to this month's winner, Sir Pompously!