Another few photos **WARNING 13 PHOTOS**

Started by Bus 503, August 30, 2015, 12:16:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 503

A few more photos:  ^-^ ^-^ ^-^

Buses in the city by
Bus 517 on Alinga street about to enter the City
Buses in the city by
397 from the Alinga street bridge - lots of werd stares from people waitng at the stop ::) ::)
Untitled by
Buses in the city by
A view
Buses in the city by
473 followed by 2 other buses
Buses in the city by
Buses in the city by
Photos in the city by
Qcity transit bus 83 departing city west. I will have to save this spot as a good photo ocation next time!
Buses in the city by
A few buses laying over at peak time before their next run.
Buses in the city by
993 (cropped and edited.)
Buses in the city by 
Another shot of 993
Buses in the city by
Photos in the city by
And last of all, the field van >:D >:D

Barry Drive

A suggestion about cropping - unless there's a really good reason, best not to use custom cropping.

In other words, if you are going to crop, keep it in a standard format - 4:3 or 16:9 are preferred, although 16:10 can be used if the photo warrants it.

Bus 503

Quote from: Barry Drive on August 30, 2015, 12:48:47 PM
A suggestion about cropping - unless there's a really good reason, best not to use custom cropping.

In other words, if you are going to crop, keep it in a standard format - 4:3 or 16:9 are preferred, although 16:10 can be used if the photo warrants it.

Okay will try that next time.

There was some problem with 2 photos so I have now fixed them up.

Buzz Killington

The photo of 517 is pretty good. 993 looked better before the cropping.

The lineup photo is also quite good, but would've been better to get a bit closer, or cut the car out.

Skitube

photo of 517 is excellent, cropping on 993 is too tight
with the Qcity bus, better slow down the shutter speed to about 1/80 to get the full desto, which of course means getting the bus when it's stationary, or the photo will be very blurry

Barry Drive

Quote from: Bus 503 on August 30, 2015, 12:16:15 PM
I will have to save this spot as a good photo ocation next time!
Just a personal preference, I don't like seeing too many photos all from the one location. Mix it up a bit.

(Yes, I am aware that I don't always follow that rule.)

Quote from: Skitube on August 30, 2015, 09:19:57 PM
photo of 517 is excellent ...
Excellent is going a bit far. It's certainly the best of the bunch, though.

Bus 503

The photos aren't as clear as they were taken. I think this is because of FLICKR image hosting.... Postimg.org never used to do that. Anyway, thanks for the feedback -- will try to encorperate it into my next batch of photos when I can get out again, hope fully not in the city as always.

Busnerd

As some of the others have said before, you don't need to post EVERY photo you take.

We are all guilty of attempting to take a photo of every bus that passes us but usually you would choose the best few photos to post to the forum, and for those that didn't turn out that well, add them to your personal collection and keep them there. In years to come you may be happy you kept them if a bus is written off or withdrawn or something happens to it, you can refer back to those not so good photos you have of it.

When I go out taking photos I might only be happy with 1 or 2 to post out of 50 but then people are more happy with those 2 that I did choose to post. As for the ipad camera, obviously they aren't the best cameras, even if you have a new iphone the camera on that isn't too bad and can take some pretty decent photos these days.