ACT Budget 2017-18

Started by Barry Drive, June 07, 2017, 11:23:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Drive

They're making life harder for those of us trying to report on what is contained in the budget papers.

For ACTION/Transport Canberra, there are the things previously discussed:

* New Green and Black Rapid bus routes
* Electric/Alternative Energy bus trial
* Funding to build Woden Depot
* Integrated Bus / Light Rail ticketing

The new funding announcements are under three project headings: "Future bus network", "Bus service improvements" and "Faster bus travel". Not a great amount of detail supplied, other than "faster bus travel" relates to infrastructure improvements such as bus lanes and relocation / additional bus stops.

Future bus network includes almost $44m in capital over two years, which you would think is mostly new buses.

The "accountability indicators" table shows the 2018 targets as 82% low floor buses with 62% as "Euro 5" or better. One way you can achieve these figures by adding 20 more new buses and withdrawing around 10 Renaults.

Other things not previously mentioned:

* continuation of free off-peak travel for concessions
* relaunching Xpresso Routes
* a "Weston City bus service" trial (shown in the budget papers but not mentioned in any media releases)
* new flexible bus service for Inner North

As always, no specific mention of fare increases (that I could find).

Sylvan Loves Buses

They really need to stop the 'free off-peak travel for concessions', they're losing so much money from it... At least for Students/non old age pensions.
I've been a concession for many years now, always paying. Up until the last fare increase when the free off-peak was introduced, I was putting $50 a month top ups onto my My Way card, and cause of that I haven't had the need for another top up since January, it's ridiculous.

Busfanatic101

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on June 07, 2017, 09:46:17 PM
They really need to stop the 'free off-peak travel for concessions', they're losing so much money from it... At least for Students/non old age pensions.
At no point have they done free off-peak travel for students

Snorzac

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on June 07, 2017, 09:46:17 PM
I've been a concession for many years now, always paying. Up until the last fare increase when the free off-peak was introduced, I was putting $50 a month top ups onto my My Way card, and cause of that I haven't had the need for another top up since January, it's ridiculous.
Pay an adult fare then If you don't like it???

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk