BUS 855 Scrolling Destination

Started by Snorzac, October 14, 2011, 12:44:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snorzac

On request by Barry Drive this video was made today, music as per Sir P's request.

https://youtu.be/Wpnn_er5yNM

Barry Drive

Kramden

The tune is "Spanish Flea" from 1965, w-a-y before Sir P's time.  Not sure of its significance to desto rolls in motion but there you go.

A desto question from a newbie: what does one do if you have a Mk I needing to travel to a destination that is not on the roll?  Eg, I have a rte 737 going as far as Brindabella. Do I put up 'Special' or blank the roll at the end?  Also, what is Area Service?  Could that be a viable option?

On another point regarding the moving scrolling desto roll You Tube clip. I was leaving the depot gates on Wednesday (hmmm, could have been Tues) and I caught a quick glance of what looked to be an ACTION driver (grey pants and high vis was all I could see) brandishing a video camera on a tripod.  I wonder what this the shooter of the YT desto clip.

Sir Pompously

Indeed Spanish Flea is well before my time, however it just makes videos much more interesting when it is playing in the background!

Barry Drive

Quote from: Kramden on October 14, 2011, 07:32:23 AM
I was leaving the depot gates on Wednesday (hmmm, could have been Tues) and I caught a quick glance of what looked to be an ACTION driver (grey pants and high vis was all I could see) brandishing a video camera on a tripod.  I wonder what this the shooter of the YT desto clip.
Video was recorded on Thursday (around 3pm) by Metrobus, although you were correct in guessing it was filmed just outside B depot. I've seen that other video camera too - last week at Westfield Belconnen Station recording buses coming up the hill; was was wearing full ACTION uniform.

Given how well this one came out, we are considering doing the other desto roll. Any backing music suggestions? I'm thinking the Star Wars opening theme might be good.

Kramden

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on October 14, 2011, 12:30:49 PM
I've seen that other video camera too - last week at Westfield Belconnen Station recording buses coming up the hill; was was wearing full ACTION uniform.

**Perhaps something is going on in the wake of the recent prang there??

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on October 14, 2011, 12:30:49 PM
Given how well this one came out, we are considering doing the other desto roll. Any backing music suggestions? I'm thinking the Star Wars opening theme might be good.

**Good suggestion, but it'll have to roll slower to be in time with the music.  "Star Wars" is not as bouncy as "Spanish Flea".  Nice shooting on the YT clip.  I take it a tripod was used.  No one is THAT steady with a handheld!

Barry Drive

(A) Video recording at Westfield Bus Station was day before the latest mishap.

(B) You could be right about tempo of Star Wars music, but it's been done anyway. But if Metrobus has nothing better to do, perhaps a few versions with different music could be posted. Any suggestions?

(C) Yes, a tripod was involved.  [injoke] No-one would consider doing this without using one [/injoke]