Recent posts

Canberra Metro / Re: Five New Trams
Last post by Bus 400 - Yesterday at 06:48:31 PM
Quote from: Barry Drive on Yesterday at 11:34:24 AMIf this is the case, Tram 015 will be on one of these three ships:
• Höegh Trigger - due to arrive at Port Kembla 4 June
• Höegh Target - due to arrive at Port Kembla 19 June
• Höegh London - due to arrive at Port Kembla 30 June

After that, the next available ship is Höegh Trotter which departs Santander 11 June and arrives Port Kembla 20 July.

Minister for Making Announcements Chris announced first set is on Höegh London.
With a photo of Set 16.
Fleet / Re: Renaults a go go: the fina...
Last post by L94UBbusfan - Yesterday at 03:36:46 PM
Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on Yesterday at 10:54:20 AMWhat's happening with 979? Can't recall seeing it recently, has that fallen fate to the retirements yet or will the Tuggy's be the last to go with it included?

Quote from: L94UBbusfan on May 29, 2024, 07:15:39 PMI just saw a Renault on an 80 at 7pm.

This service was operated by 979. It's definitely still in service, for now at least. And regarding whether the Tuggeranong Renaults will be the last to go, it's really anyone's guess, but I personally think a Belconnen Renault will be the last to go. Purely just because there are more of them.
Last post by 743 - Yesterday at 01:34:02 PM
Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on Yesterday at 10:54:20 AMWhat's happening with 979? Can't recall seeing it recently, has that fallen fate to the retirements yet or will the Tuggy's be the last to go with it included?
It is safe and sound - I've seen it in service on two days this week.  :D
Last post by Barry Drive - Yesterday at 11:34:24 AM
Quote from: triumph on May 28, 2024, 06:22:34 PMI did say that only one had been shipped. So only one for first arrival, possibly late June but probably in July.
If this is the case, Tram 015 will be on one of these three ships:
• Höegh Trigger - due to arrive at Port Kembla 4 June
• Höegh Target - due to arrive at Port Kembla 19 June
• Höegh London - due to arrive at Port Kembla 30 June

After that, the next available ship is Höegh Trotter which departs Santander 11 June and arrives Port Kembla 20 July.
Last post by Sylvan Loves Buses - Yesterday at 10:54:20 AM
Oh I see, couple of numbers missing from the scania list already :o
What's happening with 979? Can't recall seeing it recently, has that fallen fate to the retirements yet or will the Tuggy's be the last to go with it included?
Last post by Barry Drive - Yesterday at 09:26:57 AM
Quote from: triumph on May 29, 2024, 08:33:06 PMJust chance, or an indication that gas bus withdrawals are having an impact? Or even that Yutongs being charged during operational hours need to be covered?
Firstly: this is getting close to setting off the "off-topic" alarm.

Secondly: the underlying cause would be the withdrawal of the Scania L94s without replacements. The immediate cause would be a backlog in the workshops (for any number of reasons - availability of parts, complexity of repairs ...). You can only survive the removal of spare buses from your fleet for so long before you find out why you actually needed that many.

The Playground / Re: What PT did you get today?...
Last post by triumph - May 29, 2024, 09:41:49 PM
550 (R3)
402 (57)
573 (57)
542 (R4)
445 (R6)
009 (R1)
647 (R9)
631 (R3)
Last post by triumph - May 29, 2024, 08:33:06 PM
Quote from: 743 on May 28, 2024, 09:13:24 PMRenault sighted departing Calwell Shops on a 79 just now (yes - at 9:10pm).
Just chance, or an indication that gas bus withdrawals are having an impact? Or even that Yutongs being charged during operational hours need to be covered? Speculation - time will probably resolve
Last post by L94UBbusfan - May 29, 2024, 07:15:39 PM
Quote from: 743 on May 28, 2024, 09:13:24 PMRenault sighted departing Calwell Shops on a 79 just now (yes - at 9:10pm).

I just saw a Renault on an 80 at 7pm. It isn't a Renault scheduled service. Keeping this on topic, I wonder which Renault will be the next to be retired? I think it should be 959, the last time I rode on it it sounded sick and had a problem just as I got off it, how lucky was I!
Last post by Busnerd - May 29, 2024, 08:18:51 AM
They will have batteries added to the roof so whilst they will look like the Newcastle ones, they won't charge at the stops like their system, they will use the current network (Gungahlin to Alinga Street) to charge the batteries for the wire free section.

The new ones are essentially the same but as expected with all things there will be minor changes to the new ones, likely from 'lessons learned' from the first stage, but expect these to be minor differences like placement of items etc. I have heard these may have more hopper windows but unsure if they will allow passengers to open these or not (Current ones are usually locked).