MAN Purchase and Deliveries

Started by Bus 400, January 10, 2009, 11:20:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kramden

Quote from: Bus 400 on November 30, 2011, 06:04:00 PM
Bus 493 arrived at Woden Depot today.

493 spent the Christmas break behind the workshops at Belco.  Was still there when I left work today.  No bike rack.

smitho

493 has been parked on northern side of Tuggy Workshop for several days now.

Bus 400

Bus 492 entered service today, those who are super keen can see a photo on Twitter at @Bus400.

Snorzac

yesterday actually, I failed to report the sighting though.

Buzz Killington

Spotted 493 on a southbound 61 this afternoon

smitho

494 in service today; saw it parked @ Tugg Depot this pm...

Barry Drive

Bit too soon for 494 to be in service. It's now at B depot for fit out. Will probably be ready by next week.

Merv319

As smitho and ACTbusspotter have already mentioned, 494 seemed to be gone when I visited Woden Depot this afternoon.

Although I spotted an MAN CB60 on the different spot of the Depot. I'd say 495 has arrived.

Bus 400

ACTBusSpotter has also spotted Bus 495 at Woden Depot.

Merv319

Quote from: Bus 400 on January 28, 2012, 12:15:17 AM
ACTBusSpotter has also spotted Bus 495 at Woden Depot.

Thanks for confirming , Bus 400 and ACTbusspotter.

Bus 400

ACTbusspotter reports via Twitter that Bus 496 has arrived at Woden Depot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Barry Drive

Quote from: Bus 400 on February 02, 2012, 11:08:50 PM
ACTbusspotter reports via Twitter that Bus 496 has arrived at Woden Depot.
Actually I only reported that it had been "delivered" - without mentioning where. Last known sighting of 496 was at B depot.

smitho

Did a half day Saturday Detail last weekend; unusually, I didn't pass a single Renault (PR 2 or PR 3) the whole morning.

Buzz Killington

Wouldn't have thought it unusual. Pretty rare to see a Renault in service on a weekend.

Bus 400

There is usually one or two Belconnen Renault's out each weekend day.

Buzz Killington

Well, when every Irisbus is in the workshop queue it doesn't leave them with much choice I guess.

smitho

Quote from: Buzz Killington on February 07, 2012, 05:46:53 PM
Wouldn't have thought it unusual. Pretty rare to see a Renault in service on a weekend.
Well last Saturday was the first time I didn't cross at least 1 or 2 Renaults.

smitho

494 was being worked on outsiude Tuggy Workshop this morning...

Barry Drive

496 also looks ready to enter service.

Merv319

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on February 14, 2012, 03:42:46 PM
496 also looks ready to enter service.

Then could it be Bus 497 at Woden Depot? I saw one MAN CB60 there today.

Barry Drive

Try 495.

(Merv319: you should consider using twitter, then you'd be able to keep up to date with bus whereabouts. I usually post movements and sightings to twitter first.)

Merv319

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on February 14, 2012, 10:14:38 PM
Try 495.
(Merv319: you should consider using twitter, then you'd be able to keep up to date with bus whereabouts. I usually post movements and sightings to twitter first.)

495? So they sent 496 out of Woden while 495 is still there?
Anyway, thanks for the suggestion.

Snorzac

I don't think 496 was ever at Woden.... Would it be safe to say 496 out of Belconnen, 495 out of Tuggeranong.

Barry Drive

Not sure it's safe, but it's certainly possible. Based on potential withdrawals, B depot should get 5 more "standard length" buses (and 4 Scania K320s). So 496-500 is possible. Won't know for sure until they enter service.

Busnerd

Noticed 494 on Adelaide Ave today

Barry Drive

Based on the contract, 497 & 498 should have arrived by now (497 due 3 Feb, 498: 10 Feb). So where are they? Anyone seen them?

Buzz Killington

Saw 494 heading towards Woden Interchange today. Had 110 on the desto.

Barry Drive

495 & 496 could be in service any day now - possible one or both already are.

Sir Pompously

A photo has surfaced of 498 currently overnighting in Wagga Wagga, so should be here Tuesday 28th.

Barry Drive

Ed reports 496 & 497 in service at T depot with 495 on "the bricks". And with that, the 50% low floor threshold has been achieved. (This suggests that 497 has been hiding at T since it was delivered.)

smitho

I had 492 last Sunday; ran a bit roughly as does 491...still bedding in.

Barry Drive

Latest report from Bus400 is that 497, 498 & 499 are at Woden Depot. So earlier report of 497 in service was incorrect. Possible that 497 has only just arrived.

Snorzac

497 was at Tuggeranong last week when I went past on my way from the bowling alley I'm pretty sure.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Mayor McCheese on March 18, 2012, 12:19:36 AM
497 was at Tuggeranong last week when I went past on my way from the bowling alley I'm pretty sure.
Could it have been 495? 497 is plate-less at Woden which makes me think it was delivered there directly.

I've now seen 495 in service the past two days and 496 many times last week.

Bus 400

This afternoon I spotted Bus 495 for the second & my first time to photograph it.

Then for the next 2 hours every second MAN I saw was Bus 495.

Then while I'm at it, I found Bus 496 in Kambah:

Bus 400

Quote from: smitho on March 24, 2012, 10:33:37 PM
495 - with new style Hanover desto entry module in cockpit.

I'm now curious as to what this looks like. I am aware of a newer unit coming out with something like 4x the memory of the current units.

smitho

It looks quite different from the other version...more modern looking...but works in much the same way.

The REAL eye turner in the newer MAN diesels is the large, protruding bus stop buzzer buttons; I've had quite alot of positive comment about them from older people and one or two disabled.

The re-located Bus Stop Brake button (Short Stop) takes a bit of getting used to, although most times, I use the parking brake for short stops (so that I'll develop big arm muscles like Ed's).

Snorzac

LOL, the desto contoller in question is fitted to both 126 and 147 and all units after 491.

Barry Drive

A few weeks ago, Bus400 on Facebook posted a photo with a possible new camera mounted under the front bumper. I've had a close look, and I think it's the horn. So, question is: do 491 onwards have a different horn?

Bus 400

Below is the posted picture with said query:

On other news, The MAN Euro V information sheet on the ACTION website has been updated to include Buses 491-505.
The sheet can be found at https://www.action.act.gov.au/doc/aboutus/MAN_Euro_5_Spec_Sheet.pdf

Barry Drive

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on April 03, 2012, 05:09:42 PM
So, question is: do 491 onwards have a different horn?
Answer: no.

Bus 500 was delivered to Woden depot today.

smitho

Great photo Bus 400.

Bus 400

Bus 501 arrived at Woden Depot on Thursday.

Barry Drive

Latest arrival at W is 503, not 502 as previously thought.

Bus 400

Quote from: smitho on March 24, 2012, 11:33:59 PM
It looks quite different from the other version...more modern looking...but works in much the same way.

After seeing the desto unit in Bus 494 today, I am curious as to what the button on the far right does? I know you've got your button that lets you start entering numbers, then your scroll up/down/across buttons (in the 2 every unit has). But this last button is a puzzler. But I do like the look of the bigger screen.

Barry Drive

ACTION have started announcing new buses in service via twitter:

(A) Let's see if it actually enters service as promised.

(B) Someone doesn't know the difference between "addition" and "edition".

smitho

Quote from: Bus 400 on April 29, 2012, 07:08:42 PM
After seeing the desto unit in Bus 494 today, I am curious as to what the button on the far right does? I know you've got your button that lets you start entering numbers, then your scroll up/down/across buttons (in the 2 every unit has). But this last button is a puzzler. But I do like the look of the bigger screen.

sorry, can't recall if that far right button does anything useful.....

smitho

With shift spill in full progress now, several senior Tuggy drivers have asked what does 'Euro' mean on the new shift cards; 'Euro' is not a common term used south of the Lake and was not commonly used on Tuggy shift cards until now.

As soon as you say, 'Diesel MAN', the penny drops.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Bus 400 on April 29, 2012, 07:08:42 PM
After seeing the desto unit in Bus 494 today, I am curious as to what the button on the far right does?
I've had a play with one: the far right button is a "down" arrow. Very useful - allows you to scroll through numbers backwards. Will came in handy for weekend routes.

The "left" arrow button works slightly differently as well - when a dest has been selected, the down button operates as the left button does on the older model (scrolling down through the list); the left button will take you back to where you were if you don't choose a new dest code.

Bus 400

Bus 504 arrived at Woden Depot today. With Bus 502 yet to be spotted, we have only 2 MAN's left in this current contract.