A Day at Canberra Airport Pt I

Started by Snorzac, November 01, 2009, 01:28:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snorzac

I spent most of the day at Canberra airport in the Virgin Blue terminal yesterday and now I bring you a two part series of the commercial aviation traffic (Mainly Dash 8s and E-Jets) that passed through the airport while I was there.

First you see Virgin Blue Embraer 190 VH-ZPA, 'Candid Canberra', parking at Gate 6 after a flight from Brisbane.

Virgin Blue Embraer 170 VH-ZHF, 'Little Miss Sunshine Coast', arrives at the terminal after a flight from Melbourne

Qantas 737-400 VH-TJY, Maryborough, departs for a flight to Brisbane
Qantaslink Dash 8-Q400 VH-QOJ departs for a flight to Sydney

Qantaslink Dash 8-300 VH-SBT also departs for Sydney

Tiger Airways Airbus A320 VH-VNF arrives from Adelaide

Virgin Embraer 190 VH-ZPA 'Candid Canberra' pushes back from gate 6 for departure to Brisbane

VH-ZPA ready to begin taxi to Runway 35 as Virgin Blue 737-700 VH-VBQ 'La Blue Femme' touches down.

VH-VBQ taxis over to gate 3

Last for Part I is Qantaslink Dash 8-Q400 VH-QOC 'Mackay' (one of the only named Dash 8s and also on of few with the old livery) taxiing to Runway 35 for departure to Sydney.

Buzz Killington

Some excellent work there, Lemon. You certainly picked a great day to take some photos out there! Hard to pick a standout really.

I really like the Embraers. Definitely my preferred option when going to Sydney.

Snorzac

I prefer the Q400s. More coming soon