Minor Maintenance/Repairs Thread

Started by Buzz Killington, May 14, 2009, 06:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 400

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on January 07, 2012, 02:13:10 PM
Fairly good chance that 302 will shortly feature a DL2 bike rack. Bus400 has photos showing why.

Here is Bus 302's bike rack:

Merv319

Sorry for posting late, but I've seen 2 buses broken down on Athllon Drive on Friday!  :P
One was 470 and the other was a Mk1 (I think that was 815, thx to ACTbusspotter to mention it). The former died near the Northbound Blue Rapid stop just next to Woden Depo, and the latter was dying at the intersection of Athllon and Drakeford Drives.

First time to see the towies for me!   :o

(I actually missposted this on Renault withdrawal thread. Sorry!)

Quote from: Buzz Killington on January 06, 2012, 07:40:57 PM
Spotted 470 broken down on Athllon around 4pm, was only being collected by the Tow Truck when I went back past a little after 6pm.
According to 'Bus 400', 815 broke down at Athllon/Drakeford and also had to be towed, which would explain the delay for 470.

Oh, were you there at the scene of 470 breakdown?

Bus 400

Bus 324 was returned to Tuggeranong Depot very early this morning (I spotted it on the Tuggeranong Parkway near the Zoo at 06:34).

Snorzac

490 was sighted at Bridgestone in Fyshwick this afternoon, presumably for a wheel alignment. Was sighted about an hour later on Athlon Drive driven by mechanics and back in service a short time later.

Bus 400

2 ACTION Buses had to be attended by the Fire Brigade yesterday. The incident at Gungahlin I am 100% sure was Bus 304.
But does anyone know about the incident at Woden Bus Station between 09:00 & 12:00? The pinpoint on the ESA Incident Map is on the other side of the road to Platform 8/Drivers lounge.

Buzz Killington

Gungahlin was 304.

Didn't see anything in Woden aside from a Mk2 broken down there around 4ish.

smitho

One of the artics operating the HeatWave charters out of Civic Interchange yesterday failed on Platform 7; Comms referred to it as 706, although I think it was actually 716.

Snorzac

Don't expect to see 304 for a long time after Friday!

There was an Irisbus dead on an 80 nose to nose with the breakdown van about 12pm.

Merv319

Spotted 430 got its rear crashed by a car on Eastern Valley Way today, around 1pm.
I just passed through there on the other bus, so I don't know anything further.

Merv319

306 had airline failure at Woden Interchange Platform 15 at 6pm.

*EDIT*: Forgot to mention, 302 has got the yellow bike rack now.

Merv319

945 and 885 coincidently broke down at the same time in Woden Interchange today, around 3:30pm.

Buzz Killington

Did anyone see the car vs bus incident on Adelaide Avenue this morning?

Merv319

Quote from: Buzz Killington on February 01, 2012, 07:27:30 PM
Did anyone see the car vs bus incident on Adelaide Avenue this morning?

Did that accident involve a bus? I've heard that over the bus radio about 8:30am but coudn't comprehend what it said fully.

Bus 400

ACT Police Traffic reported it was a car v bus on Twitter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

smitho

Quote from: Merv319 on February 01, 2012, 10:15:52 PM
Did that accident involve a bus? I've heard that over the bus radio about 8:30am but coudn't comprehend what it said fully.

Saw the accident scene soon after the event (B4 ambo & emergency services arrived); Mark 1 Renault doing a northbound 161. Sideswiped by car trying to enter Transit Lane was one explanation I've heard (but not verified). Bus was parked on central reservation....

Merv319

Unlucky Mk1s...thanks to Buzz Killington, Bus 400 and smitho for further information.

Buzz Killington

Not sure how one can miss a giant blue and orange 12m vehicle driving  next to them but somehow it manages to happen.

Bus 400

Quote from: Buzz Killington on February 03, 2012, 06:44:39 PM
Not sure how one can miss a giant blue and orange 12m vehicle driving  next to them but somehow it manages to happen.

You've heard of drop bears, well now there are drop buses. These mystery objects just come out of no where when no one is watching. Drop buses have an advantage over drop bears as they have more power & can just disappear like that.

Merv319

Bus 466 got fixed at UC southbound bus stop, meanwhile Bus 302 also broke down at Westfield bus stop Platform 1.

Bidgee

I noticed that BUS 394 was "parked" next to Platform 6 at City Interchange back on 31st of December 2011, not to sure what the issue was.

400:D

Why was a bus blocking the left lane of Northbourne? Didn't get a good look but pretty sure it was a Gas Scania.

Bus 400

It was Bus 368 & going by the photo it decided to do a little piddle.

smitho

843 failed this afternoon at Calwell Centre - crook alternator.

Snorzac

and that will bring a close to 843s life I would say... don't be surprised if 841 makes a return in it's place.

Bus 400

Quote from: smitho on February 06, 2012, 11:43:24 PM
843 failed this afternoon at Calwell Centre - crook alternator.

Lucky that happened before someone bought it or while being road tested at Woden Depot.

smitho

Quote from: Metrobus on February 06, 2012, 11:45:44 PM
and that will bring a close to 843s life I would say... don't be surprised if 841 makes a return in it's place.

843 was back in service this afternoon; when I saw it, it was running over 10 minutes late on a Route 11 & that was B4 leaving the interchange!), so I suspect mechanical issues may have arisen again.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Metrobus on February 06, 2012, 11:45:44 PM
and that will bring a close to 843s life I would say..

Quote from: smitho on February 07, 2012, 10:25:27 PM
843 was back in service this afternoon

lol, another example of Metrobus calling it too soon..

smitho

Snorzac

351 failed at Cohenst operating a route 313, the run was covered by 116, 351 departed a matter of minutes later, presumubly to the T depot. 304 was also back on the road today after it's incident a few weeks back.

There were some issues with 907 on a 630.

Snorzac

374 died at the intersection of Cooyong st and Northbourne Ave blocking the right hand turning lane for approximently three hours before it was towed away.

Snorzac

Ed reports 351 is getting picked up by the tow truck. No location mentioned.

Snorzac

Saw 429 a few minutes ago turning from Lathlain onto Coehn st, there appeared to be something seriously wrong in the front end suspension as it bottomed out quite harshly, went over the same part of the road a few seconds later and it was dead flat. Would have hated to be in the front end... it looked painful.

Merv319

374 back on road today. Ooh, quick job, Tuggeranong mechanics.

Snorzac

Another thing missed on Twitter, it was back on Saturday.

131 had some problems in Woden Interchange.

Bus 400

A CNG Scania died in the middle northbound lane on Drakeford Drive this morning at the Sulwood Drive lights. I'm unsure what happened, but when I rocked up at 06:30 the mechanic & supervisor van were parked with flashing lights. With the mechanic running from where he parked the bus on Sulwood Drive back to the truck & both vechiels were moved off. The bus driver was in the Supervisor's can at the time.

This breakdown would of affected an early morning Gungahlin service.

Bus 400

A CNG Scania was returned to Tuggeranong Depot early yesterday morning. Although I spotted it as we crossed near Hindmarsh Drive, the fleet numbers looked like 362.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Merv319

Somehow Bus 374's Desto controller inside the cockpit has moved to where its old radio used to be. Confirmed.
(just next to current radio's handset)

smitho

822 'died' somewhere in service this afternoon and was towed back to Tuggeranong bricks this evening.

Merv319

Quote from: smitho on February 21, 2012, 11:57:05 PM
822 'died' somewhere in service this afternoon and was towed back to Tuggeranong bricks this evening.

It was back in service on Thursday, doing a northbound 51.

Snorzac

719 wa towed home tonight doing Brumbies shuttles I presume.

Buzz Killington

702 appeared to have broken down on Athllon Dr at Torrens yesterday arvo whilst operating a northbound 314.

Bus 400

Bus 442 was spotted limping home past Kambah Village around 14:00 today. Whatever the problem was, the bus wasn't going any faster then 60k's down Drakeford Drive.

smitho

Quote from: Buzz Killington on February 25, 2012, 12:29:58 PM
702 appeared to have broken down on Athllon Dr at Torrens yesterday arvo whilst operating a northbound 314.

There were a few Tuggy artics out doing Show Shuttles last night....don't know if 719 was one of them. Another Tuggy artic was broken down on Athllon Dv, northbound, in the Torrens area - saw it at about 1900 last evening. Don't know if it was a Brumbies or a Show bus.

(719 was troublesome for me last week..couldn't get it to move, just wouldn't 'air-up'....in the end, had to ditch it and get another artic for morning work).

Buzz Killington

Quote from: smitho on February 25, 2012, 09:24:40 PMAnother Tuggy artic was broken down on Athllon Dv, northbound, in the Torrens area - saw it at about 1900 last evening. Don't know if it was a Brumbies or a Show bus.

That was 702, was doing a 314.

Merv319

Bus 363 had a battery failure (probably) at Westfield Interchange.

Barry Drive

Probably an alternator failure if the battery is not getting charged. 363 is spending the night at B depot.

Bus 400

Bus 458 returned to Belconnen Depot with a smashed window.
While Bus 984 couldn't handle "it" in the median strip lane of National Circuit at the Brisbane Avenue lights. Then Bus 468's destination equipment decided not to work.