Dump Tom Petrovski

Started by Sir Pompously, November 26, 2008, 08:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Pompously

God Tom Petrovski (However you spell his commie last name :P) really shits me! He is not good on TV when reporting from Commsec. He stutters, pauses, and cannot think. Not a TV personality what so ever and sounds really unprofessional. Pull the plug on Tom!

Irisbus Rider

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=XWCUiZbGwxA
Yeah, he totally deserves to work in the media with a performance like that.

Gees, rule number 1 in media is never freeze, while you're on, you can never ever stop, keep going, make it look like nothing ever happened to the public, they're not supposed to be exposed to that!

My boss told me on the first day, "it's not how pretty you are, or how good you look, it's how you react in emergency situations, thats how you get the job". And its so true.

His performance at 0:45 is pathetic!

Sir Pompously

Have you seen him on the news? He needs to be pulled from it. I cannot watch my financial markets when he is on :P Maybe he should just stick to rove then?

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Irisbus Rider on November 26, 2008, 08:52:03 PM
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=XWCUiZbGwxA
Yeah, he totally deserves to work in the media with a performance like that.

HAHAHA, thats awesome.

z80

In the past I had to do a radio commentary for something on a regular basis and it is bloody hard. Just remember that good old Tom is not a news reporter, nor does he have any prior experience in tv.

Sir Pompously

And then should be dumped off the news because of it. He has been on the news for a good few years now, unfortunently he has not adapted to it. He still stutters, moans, and has constant pauses with a droan that makes a boring segment even worse!

z80

Like I said, he's a finance nerd not a tv reporter. So should we get rid of all the people on tv that are not that good at it? I guess we would have to scrap home and away for sure.

Irisbus Rider

Quote from: z80 on November 28, 2008, 12:55:09 AM
Like I said, he's a finance nerd not a tv reporter. So should we get rid of all the people on tv that are not that good at it? I guess we would have to scrap home and away for sure.
Ha ha ha, I like it!

Its quite odd, because generally speaking, most major finance sectors, particularly CommSec, have a media liason, why that person is unable to go on and front the media on a daily basis is beyond me. Heaven forbid the media liason for CommSec is Tom Petrovski!

Sir Pompously

Yes, and he shouldn't be on TV as he is not suited to it! Because he is not good on TV and is suited to being a finance nerd, he shoudl stay as a finance nerd and not be doing the TV reports. Stick to what he is suited to. Please, by all means we should Scrap home and away, bold and the beautiful to!

z80

The wonderful thing about most modern tv's is they have this great button. It's called the off button and if you see something you don't like on tv, you can press it to make it all go away....

Sir Pompously

However, easier if the problem is not there in the first place then you don't need to waste the energy in changing the channel or turning it off.

CanberraTransport

Quote from: Sir Pompously on December 02, 2008, 11:05:20 PM
However, easier if the problem is not there in the first place then you don't need to waste the energy in changing the channel or turning it off.

Not all people agree he is a problem though.

Buzz Killington

that doesnt mean Todd can't give his opinion

CanberraTransport

Quote from: Mr Snrub on December 03, 2008, 05:09:19 PM
that doesnt mean Todd can't give his opinion

Never said he couldn't.