Flemington Road Duplication/Franklin Stage 3 & Harrison/Gungahlin Finish Off

Started by Bus 400, April 01, 2009, 06:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 400

As a part of the Flemington Road duplication, there will be a few more AdShel bus shleter bus stops on Flemington Road. They will be located either side of the following intersections.

-Wells Station Drive & Flemington Road
-Nullabor Avenue Flemington Road
-Mapleton Avenue (East) & Flemington Road
-Wizard Street/Eris Street & Flemington Road
-Mapleton Avenue (West) & Flemington Road

It looks as if Flemington Road will look like Athllon Drive. But one point to mention is that 8m in the central median has been made for future Inter-town Public Transport.

The plans can currently be found at http://apps.actpla.act.gov.au/pubnote/pubnoteDetail_new.asp?DA_no=200913976. But I have a saved copy if it has been removed, but it is 3.6 megabytes.

These plans also shows you what some roads in Franklin Stage 3 will be named & the final part of Harrison/Gungahlin. Going by this plan it shows the change that the 58 will be changed (Parsley Street stops signs say that they are only temporarily). The plan for this part is attached.

[attachment deleted by admin]

The Love Guru

Think you will find in time that the 58 will be split up, with Franklin on a sperate route to Harrison, though that is only my opinion.

Bus 400

I did also think that. I posted that under "Network '09-April Changes"
http://actbus.net/forum/index.php?topic=1037.0#quickreply

Quote from: TP 3000 on February 02, 2009, 01:26:59 PM
Going by the "Temporary Bus Stop" signs in Harrison & Franklin, I think that the 58 may be altered then. I think that eventually the 58 will work its way back through Franklin North into Gungahlin or be spilt into 2 routes (57-Harrison & 58-Franklin).

The Love Guru

Yeah it does seem logical to have the 57 through Franklin, 58 direct to Harrison (keeping the 56 to the west, hence the numbers are in order as you head west to east). However, with the stops in Parsley and Debortoli being temporary, ACTION obviously has plans to re-route the 58. As i guess, it would appear at a later date that there will be a direct service along Anthony Rolfe from Gungahlin to Horse Park Dr, and also a route that will travel the full length of Moonlight. This will be some years off as most of the suburbs that the direct service would serve are yet to be built.

Bus 400

After seeing the new map of Harrison North. I would of thought the Harrison bus will go as follows

C-Anthony Rolfe Avenue
R-Moonlight Avenue
L-Have Street
C-Harrison North Streets to Mapleton Avenue & continue as per 58, then along Flemington Road. Also as parts of Franklin 58 are only temp stops. Also the numbers may be rearranged when Casey Group Centre & Kenny/Throsby start.

Barry Drive

The temporary stops are in Parsley St until Flemington Road is duplicated. Then the route will travel along De Bortoli St - Flemington Rd - Moonlight Av. Or possibly along Wizard St instead of De Bortoli.

By the way, it is 'Well Station Dr', despite what many maps say.