Things to come

Started by smitho, December 07, 2011, 12:33:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smitho

Noticed on the plans for stage one of Cotter Rd duplication, that 'Bus Priority measures' will be built into two locations in the vicinity of Lady Denman Drive intersection and the McCulloch St, Curtin intersection. New carriageway will be built to the South of the existing road, and both the east and the west carriageways are shown as 3 lanes wide plus a bike lane and slip lanes. Lady Denman intersection will be convertred from roundabout to traffic lights (pity).

While driving west along Kings Ave the other day, spied through the corner of my eye what appeared to be a new bus stop being built on Kings Ave opposite East Block (the former GPO building, now National Archives)....

Bus 400

Well Mr Smitho, one day go from a bit of a drive along the open section of John Gorton Drive in Duffy/Wright. The signs are now up that include a bus lane Woden bound that ends just past Cotter Road West (new name made up by me-with Cotter Road from Streeton Drive to Adelaide Avenue Cotter Road East). There is also a bus stop just near the end of the bus lane & one near the ACT Parks Depot.

But I am wondering where did you find this report as all I could find was at http://www.tams.act.gov.au/move/roads/construction_projects/cotter_road_duplication_-_stage_1_works

PS-I suspect part of John Gorton Drive might be use part of the old Kambah Road I was talking about last week.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Bus 400 on December 07, 2011, 08:48:39 PMI suspect part of John Gorton Drive might be use part of the old Kambah Road I was talking about last week.

eh?

Bus 400

There is a bridge in between Cotter Road & Dixon Drive, that according to a map (that for the love of god I can't find right now) should Kambah Road which ran along a current bridge over the creek in the bush there.

But it was something young Smitho & I had discussed last week in a undisclosed location.

smitho

Quote from: Bus 400 on December 07, 2011, 08:48:39 PM
Well Mr Smitho, one day go from a bit of a drive along the open section of John Gorton Drive in Duffy/Wright. The signs are now up that include a bus lane Woden bound that ends just past Cotter Road West (new name made up by me-with Cotter Road from Streeton Drive to Adelaide Avenue Cotter Road East). There is also a bus stop just near the end of the bus lane & one near the ACT Parks Depot.

But I am wondering where did you find this report as all I could find was at http://www.tams.act.gov.au/move/roads/construction_projects/cotter_road_duplication_-_stage_1_works

PS-I suspect part of John Gorton Drive might be use part of the old Kambah Road I was talking about last week.

Info came from the Cotter Rd duplication display in Cooleman Court; appears the display has now formally finished as it was packed up and moved to the back blocks either last night or today...it was stashed away over near the lift when I saw it this evening.

Hopefully the display will now be set up somewhere in Curtin Group Centre or Woden Town Centre as Stage 1 is generally more significant to Woden Valley residents than Weston Ck people.

Bus 400

This display is currently placed at the bottom of the escalators at Westfield Woden Fresh Food Carpark.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Busnerd

Bus 400

Quote from: Busnerd on December 15, 2011, 07:49:50 PM
What display...

Quote from: smitho on December 08, 2011, 11:02:20 PM
Info came from the Cotter Rd duplication display in Cooleman Court....

Here are 2 abstract (of sorts) pictures of the display:

Bit hard to sneak a photo when it is sitting right next to the lift.

Sir Pompously

Just don't sneak a photo, just take one.

Buzz Killington

To be fair it is in an awkward, busy spot.

Bus 400

The National Capital Authority has opened Community Consultation on the Cotter Road Duplication. The detailed information can be found at http://www.nationalcapital.gov.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2299:cotter-road-duplication-stage-1&catid=122:works-approval&Itemid=719

In other news, the ACT Government has opened the tender for this same job, this can be found at http://www.procurement.act.gov.au/tenders_advertised/tender_download/open_tenders/17184.400