Which Terminus #34?

Started by Sylvan Loves Buses, July 24, 2018, 12:10:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sylvan Loves Buses

Someone at RATEC requested for me to include a new blue bus, so that'll be an extra requirement for this round.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Probably older than anyone on this forum

Stan butler

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on July 24, 2018, 12:10:11 AM

Someone at RATEC requested for me to include a new blue bus, so that'll be an extra requirement for this round.

Aranda

Sylvan Loves Buses

Quote from: Game Rules1 entry/guess per user

The same rules still apply to each round even if I don't mention them.
If no one else contributes close to the due date, I will accept secondary entries.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Still serviced as a standard bus stop to this day

Barry Drive

I've waited long enough for others.

The answer is Cowper St, Ainslie. But not "Ainslie Terminus", since there's insufficient evidence that it was used as a bus terminus. Stop number can be provided if required.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Correct, and once again one of those that shouldn't be in the terminus section of the gallery if it isn't technically a terminus. However, I have shown this to other people and they recognised it as being one, so yeah, who can you trust anymore?...

Sylvan Loves Buses

Oh yeah, no editing in this section FTW! ^-^ ^-^ ^-^
Round #33

Barry Drive

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on August 04, 2018, 04:49:47 PM
... one of those that shouldn't be in the terminus section of the gallery if it isn't technically a terminus. However, I have shown this to other people and they recognised it as being one, so yeah, who can you trust anymore?...

Based on the ACT Heritage Register background information {PDF}, this was used as a terminus / driver toilet between 1937 and mid-1940s. So it does qualify as a former terminus, even though it was one for only 10 years at most.

But I've moved its photos into the "Heritage Shelters" album for consistency.

Sylvan Loves Buses

I'll be sure to fully check out that link a little later on, as I had a skimp over it last week and it looked intriguing.

This month includes a CB60/Volgren Optimus hybrid and the back of a Bustech.