Drawing #55 - due before April 30th

Started by Sylvan Loves Buses, April 18, 2020, 03:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sylvan Loves Buses

I've done two in a row now, please someone have a go!

This stop is in North Canberra. Clue #4 will have an image attached from my music composition that I wrote towards the end of last year.

Sylvan Loves Buses

2 stops again as depicted, and they are both in use by the current network. 

Sylvan Loves Buses

Bench on one side, and one of the few remaining bunker shelters with intact windows.

Sylvan Loves Buses

I said clue #4, but it doesn't matter.

As part of an assessment for ANU School of Music to compose an outdoor musical composition, I decided to exploit the fundamental and resonant harmonics that the bunker shelters emit when you play particular instruments at certain pitches within them. Although the experiment didn't go as well as I had hoped, the double bass did give off the effect I was after, so I'll know for next time which family of instruments I should choose - I did get a High Distinction for my efforts, so not all bad.
There were a number of bunker shelters that I could've chosen to suit this task, but due to the other players' schedules, the one at this location was picked due to convenience.

So can you identify the location of this shelter?

If it's not already obvious, (most) bunker shelters resonate on C#s, the fundamental being C#2 of which the double bass was instructed to play. The most notable harmonics are C#3 (when sitting), G#3 (when standing) and C#4.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on April 22, 2020, 01:33:16 PMand one of the few remaining bunker shelters with intact windows.
Wait. WHAT? There is a bunker shelter with intact windows? Don't tell anyone.

While I don't know the exact location, would I be correct to presume it's located on Route 50 (based on the clues)?

Sylvan Loves Buses

maybe ;)

if no one has a guess, you'll find out next week.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Yeah it is a route 50 stop, I'm honestly still having trouble remembering most of the new numbers, even though I literally went to this place to do the drawing only two weeks ago - I still even now mix up the 70/71 with the old 60/62 every now and again...

Quote from: Barry Drive on April 25, 2020, 11:24:14 AMWait. WHAT? There is a bunker shelter with intact windows? Don't tell anyone.
Yeah, most of the stops on that... oh right, :-X.

I really hope someone has a go next month...
The answer for this round is stop #3107/#3106 Miller & Hobbs Streets.

Stan butler

I don't know about the others - but I have been rather distracted these last few weeks.  These are interesting times we are now living in and being honest, trying to work out pictures of bus stops is currently very low on my list of things to think about.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Another toy from my collection has made its way into one of my drawings again - and it's not the other thing either.
Is that 4 artics in drawings in a row now? Damn I need to do something different.

Gallery Link