what is your favourite bus and why

Started by Rad D, October 31, 2008, 10:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rad D

mine is 379 becacse it goes really fast and it has a nice sounding engine

Snorzac

Have to agree on all parts there, 379 is a great bus!

lukeo25

Snorzac

darts are not the right buses for Canberra and they are poorly made

Rad D

yeh i agree with macca the darts aren't the buses for Canberra

Lockie

I have only ever seen/heard about it in this site's own gallery, but from the looks of it the Mitsubishi FK417 Tram Bus is very cool.

When/where are these buses actually used, if ever?

Snorzac

ACTION sold them off years ago

They were used in the 'Downtowner' service. This service went around the inner city and I believe it was a free service.

Buzz Killington

you know we do have a website attached to this forum with plenty of info, and wouldn't you know it? We have a section on the Downtowners! http://actbus.net/History/downtowners.html

Snorzac

So there is a section about it on ACT Bus. I was looking for it but for some reason didn't find it.

Rad D

Snorzac

I am going to do one for every type:
MAN 18.310 CNG: 379-Because it is just awesome.
Scania L94UB: 369: Goes well and sounds really nice.
Irisbus Agoraline: 301: Only because it is the only half decent one.
Dennis Dart: I just don't have one.
Renault PR100.3: 990: I love the livery and it goes well
Renault PR180.2 Mk II: 989: I am not sure why, I just like it.
Renault PR100.2 Mk II: 910: seems to go well. I don't really like the Mk IIs that much.
Renault PR100.2 Mk I: 787: I just love it. It sounds nice and goes well
Renault PR180.2 Mk I: 709: It doesn't go well but it sounds really nice.

Bus 400

I ain't saying why but MAN Bus 469 is to be my fav bus.

lukeo25

MAN 18.310 CNG: 374 - because i was 1 of the first board members to catch it :D
Irisbus Agoraline: none of them because they don't have interchange doors
Dennis Dart: most of them because they sound like ones in england
Renault PR100.3: 999 becuase it is the highest numbered bus in the fleet
Renault PR180.2 Mk II: all of them
Renault PR100.2 Mk II: most of them
Renault PR100.2 Mk I: most of them
Renault PR180.2 Mk I: 700

particleman

I don't really know the numbers but my favourites are the Pr100 Mk1.5, such as 869 - flipdots and paintjob from the Mk2s, brilliant layout from the Mk1s.

Snorzac

The Mk Is with the flip dots are both in the Mk II livery and they are 808 and 869.

Others Mk Is in the Mk II livery are: 760, 835, 840 and 853.

Buzz Killington

There were a few others that have been sold off in the Mk2 livery - 690, 751, 775 and 798.

CNG

My favourite is 990, beautiful livery

Snorzac

One of my favorites because of the usual driver, lol

CNG

I also like 992, 963, 967, 971 and 982, aswell as most of the buses in the network 08 livery

Snorzac

wow, just to inform you at least three of those buses in that list are known as mega pieces of shit!

CNG

Snorzac

992, 963 and 967, I remember 971 as been rather good and 982 is one of the best Mk IIs in the fleet

Buzz Killington

971 is pretty good, although one of its indicators is the "buzz" type

Snorzac

LOL! I remember been rather entertained when that I noticed it had two indicator noises.

CNG

Quote from: Buzz Killington on March 18, 2010, 11:14:29 PM
971 is pretty good, although one of its indicators is the "buzz" type
I love the buzz indicators

particleman

Quote from: CNG on March 19, 2010, 04:57:16 PM
I love the buzz indicators
I prefer the clicky ones, (when I first moved here, I thought they sounded like those stereotypical "jingle bells" on most Christmas songs), but whenever I catch a .2 these days, the indicator sound is being drowned out by either: Eddies boys who don't know how to STFU, Bundah kiddies who don't know how to STFU, or the sound of Rage Against the Machine through my headphones.

My new favourite bus however, is #373!! I've caught it so often on the Intertown that I've grown to like it.

Buzz Killington

On the topic of indicator sounds, 464's are awesome.

King of Buses

Bus 378 because it's just simply a great bus and it's the only MAN CNG I've been on that hasn't stopped once on a 60

CNG

Buzz Killington

The 97# series are almost all great buses. Can't think of any I dislike. 973 is probably my favourite of them.

Snorzac

I can, although I like it for it's former driver 970 is the biggest bucket of crap

Busnerd

Quote from: Stacka on May 18, 2010, 08:56:10 PM
I can, although I like it for it's former driver 970 is the biggest bucket of crap

Not when you've been at Dickson maccas having dinner then realised your late for your next run and fanging it back to federal highway/zelling st to start your service twenty minutes late, HILARIOUS, never been so fast down the back of watson in a bus before

Irisbus Rider

Lol, yeah, late because the said driver was chatting up a female driver!

Yeah, no doubt 970 has fallen into a shocking state, now that the usual driver is no longer with ACTION.

Busnerd

Gone are the days of the wheels being shined  or having speed triangles painted onto the tyres :P

CNG

CNG

Quote from: Busn00b on May 20, 2010, 02:29:02 AM
Gone are the days of the wheels being shined  or having speed triangles painted onto the tyres :P

Yeah my grandma knows a retired driver and he said they would be given like their own bus that they would have to drive, clean and look after all the time, a bit like Spencer with 967.

400:D

400 - Because its just awesome need I say more?

CNG

the steertags, really cool buses even thoe you can't practically drive them in the A.C.T. except on the 300's and couple of central canberra runs.