Minor Maintenance/Repairs Thread

Started by Buzz Killington, May 14, 2009, 06:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snorzac

And the next bus to get a ride on the tow truck will be 312 which has had an electronic throttle failure out the front of my house. It was towed with the same failure on Friday.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Metrobus on February 14, 2011, 08:41:17 AM
And the next bus to get a ride on the tow truck will be 312 which has had an electronic throttle failure out the front of my house. It was towed with the same failure on Friday.
I find it scary that you know this. Looks like 312 will be the next Irisbus to have a long-term stay in the workshops. If not, it will be the bus to AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

Snorzac

I had another driver tell me about the problems on Friday and I could here the driver on the radio as I walked past calling or the mechanics saying the throttle had cut out.

Bus 400

Bus 854 died on London Circuit while on a 313S. It required a tow back, this would of been the reason if a diversion for the Blue Rapid was said over the radio (I would be curious what this diversion was as one Blue Rapid went down Edinburgh Avenue).

p_stampy

368 was sitting on the side of the parkway, southbound this morning (710am) with the back up.

Snorzac

No surprise to anyone I am sure, 315 is currently getting unloaded from the tow truck at Belconnen depot.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Metrobus on February 24, 2011, 10:26:36 AM
No surprise to anyone I am sure, 315 is currently getting unloaded from the tow truck at Belconnen depot.

It had its backside open in Woden Interchange a little after 8am

Snorzac

Another dart fail, this is 141 about two minutes ago

400:D

941 I can guarantee, has a broken pole inside, as the people on my bus we're moving it and playing around with it.

Snorzac

980 is having some form of issue about 20m up the road from my house, whether it be mechanical or people problems I don't know (it was doing a school run) the engine is now turned off.

Edit: 926 just arrived and is loading pax, drivers have swapped, I am hoping for a tow job as lighting is perfect where the bus is for pictures.

Further Edit: Its rooted, the driver that drove 926 here just stated it and let the handbrake off, it sounded like it was in gear but all it did was rev.

Edit 3: Mechanic now on site, revving bus, assume trying to build lost air, side of road coned off to my driveway.

Edit 4: Drove away very slowly with the cab door alarm blaring

Barry Drive

381 was T-boned this afternoon at Haydon / College.

Busnerd

Probably a radford 'soccer mum' driver

Barry Drive

Quote from: Busn00b on March 14, 2011, 05:49:20 PM
Probably a radford 'soccer mum' driver
On a Saturday? No, it was a ute-type vehicle (such as a Holden Colorado/Ford Ranger) - although it is now a slightly more compact one.

381 was turning right from College St into Haydon Drive and was struck amidships by vehicle travelling north along Haydon Drive.

Bus 400

Bus 307 broke down on the Tuggeranong Parkway while on a 960S.

Barry Drive

Quote from: MyWay on November 22, 2010, 10:15:01 PM
The story of 112 is that it has been damaged at the rear. It was involved in a traffic accident with a large vehicle.
112 has been repaired and was back in service this week.

Barry Drive

418 might have done a computer.

Bus It

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that some darts (including154) have received a new set of Tail lights. These ones are slightly different with larger indicator lenses. They sill aren't LEDs though. ??? I have no idea what the advantage of changing them could be?

Snorzac

Possibly they could b out of the standard ones, if they had brains they would fit LEDs, it may be more expensive to start but it will be a lot cheaper in the long run!

Barry Drive

Quote from: Bus It on April 14, 2011, 05:16:55 PM
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that some darts (including154) have received a new set of Tail lights. These ones are slightly different with larger indicator lenses. They sill aren't LEDs though. ? ? ? I have no idea what the advantage of changing them could be?
Most likely the old lights are no longer being made (or are too expensive to import) and this is the closest equivalent available.

Barry Drive

Quote from: MyWay on March 12, 2011, 08:09:33 PM
381 was T-boned this afternoon at Haydon / College.
381 was seen this afternoon back in service. The emergency exit footholds on the offside are now unpainted.

Snorzac

As reported in what bus, 128 had a fail today.

883 also had a fail on Hindmarsh drive, by the sounds of it, that was a tow job.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Metrobus on February 13, 2011, 07:51:51 AM
143 had a pretty major accident the other day: it was hit by a car around the radiator and fuel tank and apparently it has displaced everything in that area, I wouldn't be expecting to see it back on the road until at least June.
Try May. 143 returned to service this week (possibly Wednesday). It now has mis-matched tail lights.

Bus 400

Bus 123 broke down on the Tuggeranong Parkway this afternoon.

Buzz Killington

471 was being tended to on Yarra Glen this evening.

Bus 400

Bus 330 was being ready to be towed from Platform 7 at Woden Bus Station this afternoon.

Funny thing was Bus 330 was being hooked up to the toe truck from the rear wheels as I went past. They could of been to move Bus 330 further back up the platform, so as to not block that entrance into Woden Bus Station for like 30 minutes. Or Bus 330 was going to be towed from the rear wheels, which would of also meant closing that side of Woden Bus Station while the bus was brought out.

Does anyone have an official answer to what is done in these circumstances?

Barry Drive

824 is back in circulation. Whatever it broke that caused it to be towed a few weeks ago must have been repaired or replaced.

smitho

723 discharged from Tuggy bus hospital 29/6/11 and was in service for yesterday afternoon's peak; minor panel repairs, rear right side.

Bus 400

Bus 155 was spotted being towed back to Belconnen Depot from the Tuggeranong area.

Snorzac

Why was it getting towed to b? It is a. T depot bus...

Bus 400

I'm unsure, I was heading down Drakeford Drive near Wanniassa, with the tow truck & 155 heading north.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: smitho on June 30, 2011, 01:57:36 AM
723 discharged from Tuggy bus hospital 29/6/11 and was in service for yesterday afternoon's peak; minor panel repairs, rear right side.

Saw it this morning with a white panel in the bottom left corner of the trailer's right hand side.

Bus 400

Could that that white panel, be a bus version of a bandage?

smitho

Quote from: Bus 400 on June 30, 2011, 06:27:02 PM
Could that that white panel, be a bus version of a bandage?

Yes, very much a case of some quick first aid in order to get the bus back into unrestricted service (from what I can glean, 723 was released for at least one school run 'on concession'). Tuggy can still be short on artics on some days during school terms.

King of Buses

Bus 400

It looked like the exhaust pipe was falling off Bus 386 this afternoon, as the back half of the exhaust system was not attached to the rest of the bus.

Snorzac

424 was last seen tailgating the tow truck back from Woden.

Barry Drive

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on June 29, 2011, 05:07:10 PM
824 is back in circulation. Whatever it broke that caused it to be towed a few weeks ago must have been repaired or replaced.
And 824 is off the road again. Possibly forever, but too soon to tell yet.

Busnerd

Saw 311 parked at Customs thismorning...typical Irisbus!

smitho

Had to put 877 on bricks tonight as the Desto was frozen; made do with a temporary A4 sized paper sign with 28 in big font, but most punters didn't notice it and had to be coaxed into the bus. Desto was frozen with the words "NOT IN", leaving passengers scratching their heads!

Barry Drive

Usually if you shut the bus down (and remove key) desto will start working when you start up again.

Kramden

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on July 13, 2011, 10:20:47 AM
Usually if you shut the bus down (and remove key) desto will start working when you start up again.

Thanks for that.  A helpful tip for new players.

smitho

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on July 13, 2011, 10:20:47 AM

Yeah, I tried that a few times but didn't work; likewise Quick Fix had no luck with that approach. Then they started fiddling in fuse box but still no progress; by that stage I was getting l;ate for my run so told them I'd make do with a paper sign.

Quick Fix provided the paper, texta and sticky tape!!

smitho

337 'Wilhelmina' remains 'like a dejected hound, waiting outside the door' to Belco Workshops; must've been there for most of this week if not longer. No signs of work on it from a quick look/see.

Busnerd

What do you expect, when it is named after an evil fashion magazine employee #uglybetty

Buzz Killington

955 broke down in City Interchange today - as tweeted by Bus 400, and captured by RiotACT

http://the-riotact.com/bus-tow-no-problem/50625

Bus 400

The action around this broken bus was quite interesting (no pun intended). The bus was sitting right at the back of Platform 3 at the City Bus Station, with the breakdown truck parked comfortably behind it & the tow truck in front. But the poor supervisor had that side of East Row closed off & was standing out in the cold as a traffic controller letting buses use the other side of the road (when it was clear of course). This leads me to believe (unless OH&S has become very strict) the bus had an electrical issue.

Bus 400

Bus 945 broke down on Adelaide Avenue (southbound-behind Juniour Girls Grammar) this afternoon. The breakdown van was in attendance.

Snorzac

The tow truck was dispatched tonight, I am sure any non-driver enthusiast could guess first go what bus it was...any takers?

lukeo25

Snorzac

That was a random guess, will give someone else ago.

Just think unreliable...I know that may point to at least half the fleet but....