MyWay+ implementation

Started by Barry Drive, April 27, 2024, 10:50:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Drive

As has been revealed elsewhere, preliminary works for the implementation of the new system has begun on buses.

The promised "demonstration buses" have yet to appear, although they can't be too far away.

Since there have been no announcements, I thought I'd speculate about the roll-out: my guess is that the new system will be fully operational by the start of school term 4 (14 October).

Between now and then, we should firstly see an awareness campaign (with the demonstrator buses); this will then be followed by an enrolment campaign - the system will enable accounts to be created and new MyWay cards will be distributed.

Drivers will also need to be registered and trained on the new system prior to implementation.

Lastly, during the Term 3 school holidays, all of the buses and tram stops will have their equipment changed out. (Assuming they can all be done in two weeks.) This will probably result in free fares for two weeks and no operational real time system. During this time, any requested balance transfers will occur.

They might also extend the free fare period once the new system is functional.

Time will tell whether I get any of this right.

Feel free to add your own imaginary timeline.