Question: Photo of the Month
Option 1: Bus 957 - Chapman Terminus
Option 2: 6619-MO - Victoria Street
Option 3: Stop 3055 - Ainslie Ave
Option 4: Turner Layover (towards Barry Dr)
Option 5: Turner Layover (towards Watson St)
Option 6: Buses 438 & 505 - Robin Boyd Cres
Option 7: Bus 628 - Terminal Ave
Option 8: Well Station Drive stop
Option 9: Bus 689 - Fraser West
Nominations are now open for the final Photo of the Month for this year.
● two* photographs may be submitted by each member, provided they have not been submitted before
◦ * This month we are seeking photos of Bus/Tram Infrastructure. If you submit a photo (or two) meeting this criterion, you may post up to three photos but you may only submit a maximum of 2 photos of the same bus or of the same location.
● photos must be "owned" by the person submitting it (if not, you must have the permission of the photographer to submit the photo - and identify the photographer)
● photos must be have taken legally - ACT Bus does not encourage or condone trespassing, and we encourage Covid-safe practices
● submitted photographs must prominently feature:
◦ public transport infrastructure (such as bus stop, bus station, bus depot, Light Rail line, tram depot) within the ACT / Queanbeyan region (location must be specified)
◦ a bus, tram or support vehicle from the ACT or Queanbeyan (taken within the region or a former ACT/Queanbeyan bus) where -
▪ the vehicle is in focus
▪ the fleet or registration number is identifiable (or supplied by photographer if not visible in photograph)
● photos narrower than 640 pixels will not be accepted
If possible, please supply date or month of photo.
Refer here (http://actbus.net/gallery-submissions) for full ACT Bus photo submission conditions.
Photos can be submitted by replying to this forum topic and attaching the image; to ensure consistency, photos must be displayed with a width of 640 (or height of 640 if a "portrait" aspect) - photos larger than 640 are required to use the option width=640 or height=640 in the image tag. For example: [img width=640] instead of [img].
To submit photos from Instagram, you must post a reply with a caption and paste the URL of the Instagram image. Photos not publicly visible cannot be submitted. We will not accept unhosted photos - they must be stored on a photo hosting site (such as Instagram, Flickr or Facebook).
Submissions close midnight 26 November, Australian Eastern daylight saving time, unless fewer than 6 photos have been submitted.
Voting will commence on 27 November. Voting will close 30 November.
The winning photo will be loaded to the actbus.net website and posted to ACT Bus on Facebook and Instagram. The winner and runner(s)-up will also be included in the Photo of the Year vote. By submitting a photo, you are giving permission for it to be loaded onto the ACT Bus Gallery, and Facebook and Instagram pages.
1 - Infrastructure refers to bus stops, stations, interchanges, layovers, depots and Light Rail stops, lines and depot. There is no requirement for an infrastructure photo to feature a bus or tram, but if it does it must not be the primary subject of the photo.
Bus 957 is seen at Weston Creek Layover after finishing a R7.
6619-MO is seen at Victoria Street (Hall) when doing a school service S102.
Stop 3055 - Ainslie Av after Elimatta St
Turner Layover view towards Watson St entrance.
BUS 505 and BUS438 (https://flic.kr/p/2mKH17N) by Zac Mathes (https://www.flickr.com/photos/zacmathes/), on Flickr
BUS 505 passes a stationary BUS 438 on Robin Boyd Crescent in Taylor, both buses wearing the same AOA
BUS628 (https://flic.kr/p/2mKFDDD) by Zac Mathes (https://www.flickr.com/photos/zacmathes/), on Flickr
BUS 628 is seen at Canberra Airport which was closed at the time
Well Station Drive (tram stop)
Bus 689 at Fraser West
Voting has commenced.