January 29, 2022, 06:51:35 AM

Recent posts

Pages1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
The Playground / Re: What PT did you get today?...
Last post by Sylvan Loves Buses - Yesterday at 06:28:54 PM
Missed my usual R4 by 2 minutes cuz the driver was early, man missing a ∀rtic is so disappointing, and that meant two I missed today :'( .
452 (R4N)
938 (66W)
938 (66E)
520 (R5S)

I was going to say "bye bye" to Belconnen Renault's for a while thinking that we were returning to Network '19 or whatever, but we're apparently going back to the School Interum Network again. Early AM Tuggy Renault's (with maybe an Iris R5 inbetween ;) ) and 2-3 Belco Renault's in the afternoon again, yippee!!!
The Playground / Re: Game: Street Names II
Last post by Sylvan Loves Buses - Yesterday at 06:19:47 PM
Palmer Street, Garran.
I love the idea of continuing it to Woden. A straight bio-directional route rather than a loop service would be much better imo, especially one giving old 49/705 vibes. The 66 is truly long enough as it is, I would say cutting off its Coombs and some of the Prospect sections and giving it to the 47 would make things much tidier.
Routes and Timetables / Re: Whitlam route commences 31...
Last post by triumph - Yesterday at 05:26:39 PM
Quote from: Bus It on Yesterday at 03:56:37 PM.... if they just ran it an extra 10 mins up the road ....
That extra 10min would probably result in the deployment of an additional bus being necessary, not quite so simple.

Would be more practical to implement when the frequency increases, and, to avoid public confusion, integrate with other routes when a network update occurs.

Another routing aspect which could be useful would be to route around Nettlefold St and thence past the markets and Bunnings - a part of Belconnen presently not served. Again, the fly in the ointment might be increasing the round trip time too close to 1 hour.

There is certainly plenty of potential.
Last post by Northside - Yesterday at 04:23:13 PM
Quote from: Bus It on Yesterday at 03:56:37 PMI would have really liked to see this route continue on to Weston as well. Image the number of extra people you would be able to connect (Coombs, Wright and Weston residents) with Belconnen if they just ran it an extra 10 mins up the road from Denman to Weston.

Hopefully they look at patronage and try to increase it in future revisions.

Agreed but I'd go further and connect it to Woden. Not the most direct route from Woden and Belconnen, but it'd be a start. You could split the 66 up which would operate from Woden to Denman. Then the 47 operates from Belconnen to Woden via Whitlam, Wright and Coolo. Then the 64 or 65 can take the remainder of the 66 route in Weston Creek.
Last post by Bus It - Yesterday at 03:56:37 PM
I would have really liked to see this route continue on to Weston as well. Image the number of extra people you would be able to connect (Coombs, Wright and Weston residents) with Belconnen if they just ran it an extra 10 mins up the road from Denman to Weston.

Hopefully they look at patronage and try to increase it in future revisions.
Last post by triumph - Yesterday at 09:33:38 AM
Lanyon Dr, Hume
Last post by vnguyen - Yesterday at 06:52:30 AM
Flinders Way, Red Hill
The Playground / Re: Game: cryptic bus stops
Last post by Bus 400 - Yesterday at 06:28:50 AM
Quote from: Stan butler on Yesterday at 04:28:17 AMOutside the national library on king Edward terrace - which is close to the king George memorial (who happens to be the father of king Edward)
Correct
The Playground / Re: Game: cryptic bus stops
Last post by Stan butler - Yesterday at 04:28:17 AM
Quote from: Bus 400 on January 27, 2022, 09:37:20 PMHere was me searching "Haig  spies" & Google giving me an answer.

Now hopefully this is hard, but not too hard.

My father is never far away, neither is a good read

Outside the national library on king Edward terrace - which is close to the king George memorial (who happens to be the father of king Edward)
Pages1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10