We are happy to announce we are now taking early membership applications.
Please note that we will start taking payments from our AGM In September, however for now you may sign up although your application won't be received until we receive payment either at our AGM or via a direct debit (details available next month). As we continue to recover after covid and a few other setbacks we will be slow to get the museum and restorations back up to speed, as a result we are kicking off with a low annual membership of $20 per person. Whilst we are starting off with a small amount of benefits we hope to be able to add more as we have more to offer.
We are also hoping to announce another tour in the near future of which members will receive a discount. However in the meantime, you can know that your membership fees will go directly towards restoration or maintenance of our fleet which we hope to be able to get back out on the road soon.
You can sign up at the page below, we will be in touch after our AGM to start arranging payments.
Last post by Barry Drive - August 21, 2022, 07:08:26 PM
Photo of the Month rules –
● two* photographs may be submitted by each member, provided they have not been submitted before
◦ * This month we are seeking photos of Buses with Veloporter (plastic) bike rack. If you submit a photo meeting this criterion, you may post up to three photos but you may only submit a maximum of 2 photos of the same bus.
● photos must be "owned" by the person submitting it (if not, you must have the permission of the photographer to submit the photo - and identify the photographer)
● photos must be have taken legally - ACT Bus does not encourage or condone trespassing, and we encourage Covid-safe practices
● submitted photographs must prominently feature:
◦ public transport infrastructure (such as bus stop, bus station, bus depot, Light Rail line, tram depot) within the ACT / Queanbeyan region (location must be specified)
◦ a bus, tram or support vehicle from the ACT or Queanbeyan (taken within the region or a former ACT/Queanbeyan bus) where - ▪ the vehicle is in focus ▪ the fleet or registration number is identifiable (or supplied by photographer if not visible in photograph)
● photos narrower than 640 pixels will not be accepted
If possible, please supply date or month of photo.
Refer here for full ACT Bus photo submission conditions.
Photos can be submitted by replying to this forum topic and attaching the image; to ensure consistency, photos must be displayed with a width of 640 (or height of 640 if a "portrait" aspect) - photos larger than 640 are required to use the option width=640 or height=640 in the image tag. For example: [img width=640] instead of [img].
To submit photos from Instagram, you must post a reply with a caption and paste the URL of the Instagram image. Photos not publicly visible cannot be submitted. We will not accept unhosted photos - they must be stored on a photo hosting site (such as Instagram, Flickr or Facebook).
Submissions close midnight 27 August, Australian Eastern standard time, unless fewer than 6 photos have been submitted. Voting will commence soon afterwards and will close 31 August.
The winning photo will be loaded to the actbus.net website and posted to ACT Bus on Facebook and Instagram. The winner and runner(s)-up will also be included in the Photo of the Year vote. By submitting a photo, you are giving permission for it to be loaded onto the ACT Bus Gallery, and Facebook and Instagram pages. Note: 1 - as suggested by Snorzac.
NOTICE OF AGM The Canberra Transport Museum will be holding its Annual General Meeting on Sunday September 18 2022 at 16:00.
The meeting will be held at Yass Railway Museum, 3 Cargo st, Yass.
In recognition of the distance from Canberra we will be arranging a bus from Woden Interchange, departing platform one at 13:00, allowing for a brief tour on the bus which will likely be an "interesting" member from a local operators fleet (details to come). This departure time should also allow attendees a short time to look around the Yass Railway Museum (standard entry fees may apply). Return to Woden will be by 19:30 allowing plenty of time to get public transport from Woden, this time is an estimate but we have deliberately overestimated the time so we do not expect to be any later than this.
As we haven't formally started taking memberships we invite all interested parties to attend, we will be making museum memberships available on the day, details are yet to be locked in for this, payment can be made on the day by cash or EFT.
For those who cannot attend in person, virtual attendance via zoom will be made available with details posted closer to the date.
Last post by triumph - August 18, 2022, 09:29:57 PM
448 (R3) 384 (32) 657 (32) 695 (R5) Same approach at Woden Interchange as for 15th. 443 (R5) Ditto dept Woden Interchange. 011 (R1) 403 (R9) This time followed correct diversion via Braybrooke (double back), Paget, and Thynne Sts to rejoin normal route in Thynne St at Watkins St jnc, due closure of Watkins St for works. 561 (R3) Note: All above necessary for non-PT interest travel, except R1/R9 replacing direct route for a few minutes extra time penalty.