Minor Maintenance/Repairs Thread

Started by Buzz Killington, May 14, 2009, 06:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Metrobus on July 27, 2011, 09:51:22 PM
That was a random guess

Not if you follow a certain driver on Twitter.

Barry Drive

(Facebook & foursquare actually)
825 has given me no troubles tonight. Guess again. Think: VERY unreliable bus.

Bus 400

Could it be Bus 852 or a Virusbus (-Bus 300 as it was flying along earlier).

I do know that Bus 895 had an electrical issue earlier thus evening, with the driver shutting her down & fiddling with the fuse box area.

Snorzac

Okay, you guys aren't very good at this, it was 490! (Now everyone says how it was so obvious after the clues...)

Irisbus Rider

Saw 109 travelling westbound on Gundaroo Dr getting a tow back to (presumably) Belconnen Depot at 8:25am this morning.

Snorzac

Yeah, it broke down just near GMP, second time I have seen it on tow in the past six weeks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buzz Killington

A supervisor van and a replacement for a breakdown on two consecutive services on my route during the morning peak today.

Apparently driver illness and a bus shortage (!) are to blame. If only we had a depot full of recently retired buses that are perfectly fit for service.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Busn00b on July 12, 2011, 02:36:29 PM
Saw 311 parked at Customs this morning...typical Irisbus!
311 has returned.

Bus 400

Bus 318 died on Athllon Drive this evening, just near Woden Depot.

Bus 400

What a quiet month August was....

That was until today, Bus 329 had to be sent back to Tuggeranong Depot (from Cohen Street Bus Station) with an air issue (it was a bit funny watching the driver trying to press the door close button while trying to force the front doors closed with his feet). Eventually (with the help of another driver), the bus got away.

Then just down the road (Belconnen Way/Barry Drive/Macarthur Avenue lights) Bus 352 became too scared to cross into the City Area. The real issue with this bus is unknown to this Special Correspondent.

Snorzac

338 was declared a brake down at Gungahlin Marketplace after I reported the strong smell of gas at the back of the bus. The driver also requested a bus swap yesterday (reason unknown) with the bus still reeking of gas at the rear. 

Busnerd

Bus 400

I'm not 100% sure if it was a breakdown, Bus 415 was sitting on the side of the Tuggeranong Parkway near Fisher (Lanyon bound) at 06:30 this morning.

smitho

152 broke down this am in Platform 8, Woden Interchange. Breakdown truck in attendance at around 1050 ...

Snorzac

There was a green bus (of the non-Iris variety) been un-loaded from the tow truck at Belconnen depot a short time ago, I am almost certain it was a stag but can't confirm.

EDIT: 'twas a MAN, fleet number unknown.

Edit on Edit: Was 410

smitho

At 1650 today (Monday), a very sick 344 was being towed southwards on Athllon Drive (outside Woden Interchange), no doubt heading to Tuggeranong Bus Hospital....

Snorzac

As some may have seen on Twitter, BUS 848 was involved in quite a major collision on Hibberson st, Gungahlin today, and I dare say it won't be re-entering service.
http://pic.twitter.com/CouYyx1M (the car)
http://pic.twitter.com/j3P5vS3T (848)

EDIT: Looking at that picture for the first time on the computer the damage might not be as bad as I first thought, it MIGHT be back (I really hope so as it is a great bus!)

Barry Drive

Will depend on whether there is any chassis damage. If they want to repair it, parts could easily be sourced from 786. Windscreen will need replacing too.

Meanwhile, 138 has returned again - this time after mechanical repairs (most likely a new diff).

King of Buses

Snorzac

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on November 09, 2011, 06:39:22 PMWindscreen will need replacing too.
That must have happened whilst returning to the depot, it was certainly in tact at the scene.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bus It

The rear suspension on Bus 874 is stuffed. One would assume that the springs must have snapped as the suspension was at the bottom of its travel for the entire journey. What a back breaking ride home today  ::)

The Love Guru

Quote from: Bus It on November 10, 2011, 07:44:53 PM
The rear suspension on Bus 874 is stuffed. One would assume that the springs must have snapped as the suspension was at the bottom of its travel for the entire journey. What a back breaking ride home today  ::)

We haven't had buses with mechanical springs in them in Canberra for around 20 or so years. It would be the airbags are too low, normally caused by a damaged levelling valve or damage/misadjustment of the arm that controls the valve.

Merv319

I was on S-bound Red Rapid (377) and just arriving Civic at 5:17pm, the bus crushed into the door of a taxi. Glass on the left side cracked and spilled all over the "NO STANDING AREA".

The bus canceled its service at City, no idea where it has gone to.

Bus 400

The question was posted on Twitter about the fate of Bus 923, well this afternoon I spotted it on the Tuggeranong bricks. It looks to of had a fresh coat of paint & the logo even looks new, below are the pictures I took for eveyone else to compare.

Buzz Killington

Looking at the orange section, it looks like it might have one of the orange vinyl stickers on it, starting under where the 'vacate this seat for disabled...' sticker is.

Bus 400

It also appears to have a nice new shiny bike rack, with ACT Bus wiki reporting the original one being fitted back in March 2010.

Barry Drive

Dress rims are still missing; certainly does look like a new bike rack compared to the faded one parked beside it.

Bus 400

While it wasn't really minor repairs, Bus 351 has resurfaced at Tuggeranong Bricks:

Also it looks like Bus 400 has a shiny new inter cooler, this must of what was giving Bus 400 that terrible noise last time I saw her. If that is true, Bus 490 may get the same treatment.

Snorzac

I'd say 351 will be in service very soon.

If an intercooler needs replacing there will be a hissing noise (quite a loud one) and it won't have much turbo pressure. Last time I was on 400 it had some form of leak in the intercooler however it was not affecting the performance, this may have worsened. 432 has had an intercooler replaced recently.

Bus 400

Bus 400 did have a bit of hissing as it was accelerating up Cohen Street & then as it entered Belconnen Depot last time I heard it.

Bus 490 just sounds sick though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

smitho

Steer tag died @ Albert Hall mid-afternoon today; 476 from memory.

Snorzac

476 was driven by a certain award winning OH&S rep. Had an air line failure.

smitho

Quote from: Metrobus on November 30, 2011, 12:11:07 AM
476 was driven by a certain award winning OH&S rep. Had an air line failure.

I hope he is OK now.....  and the bus had problems as well.

Buzz Killington

I watched 882 slowly go over the raised pedestrian crossing on Cowper St, Dickson earlier and the front desto was swinging back and forth like nobody's business. Haven't seen that before.

I was on a Mk II last Friday, can't remember which one now, and one of the front doors was opening with such ferocity that it would slam into the open position before bouncing half way back to closed then to open again. I'm honestly surprised the glass didn't smash on one occasion it was so strong! The driver very safely cautioned people waiting to alight to step back before that door had settled down at each stop.

Bus 400

Bus 904 was sent to the workshop yesterday morning with a broken front left wheel cover. It resurfaced this morning with a new one (expect it back in with another wheel cover hanging on). While in yesterday, it became (what I believe) the first Renault to receive said radio. It is located when the old radio was (on top of dash). This makes it unsafe to talk on the two-way while driving.

It isn't as noticeable in picture form.

The Love Guru

Quote from: Bus 400 on December 14, 2011, 06:03:41 PM
Bus 904 was sent to the workshop yesterday morning with a broken front left wheel cover. It resurfaced this morning with a new one (expect it back in with another wheel cover hanging on). While in yesterday, it became (what I believe) the first Renault to receive said radio. It is located when the old radio was (on top of dash). This makes it unsafe to talk on the two-way while driving.

NOTE: Photo of shiny wheel cover later tonight.

BUS 900 has had a new radio in it for quite a while now.

Bus 400

Bugger, that's what I get for attempting to act clever.

Kramden

Quote from: Bus 400 on December 14, 2011, 09:09:01 PM
Bugger, that's what I get for attempting to act clever.
That's why HE's the Guru....grin!

Bus 400

At least no one can take away my other act clever I had today. Telling passengers to catch the route 2 from platform 2 (which I learnt shortly after) leaves at 02 & 32 every hour, all of this relates to the City Bus Station in off peak times.

Bus 400

Bus 328 was hooked up to the tow truck a little while ago at the Melrose Drive pool stop (Woden bound).

Merv319

Quote from: Bus 400 on January 01, 2012, 04:03:16 PM
Bus 328 was hooked up to the tow truck a little while ago at the Melrose Drive pool stop (Woden bound).

Saw it surrounded by the police and fire brigade truck, about 2:20pm. Engine fire?

Bus 400

I can only speculate, but as I drove past everything looked ok in the engine bay & the only recorded ACT Fire Brigade call out in that area was a car fire near the Tradies an hour earlier.

Merv319

Quote from: Bus 400 on January 02, 2012, 12:09:50 AM
I can only speculate, but as I drove past everything looked ok in the engine bay & the only recorded ACT Fire Brigade call out in that area was a car fire near the Tradies an hour earlier.

So, some other part of the bus started the fire-is this what you mean?
Sorry for my bad English :(

Bus 400

It would of just been a pre-caution as a heat smell was sensored.

Does anyone know if the Scania L94UB's have some sort of fire sensor within the engine?

smitho

708 failed @ Mawson Shops southbound on Athllon Drive this evening; Workshop Truck was in attendance at around 1900.

Tuggeranong artics see very little use in school holidays; most, if not all southside Xpressos are now worked by standard buses (including some green buses), but one or two northside Xpressos are worked by Tuggeranong artics throughout the year.

smitho

443 was being towed southwards down Drakeford Drive at around 1210 this afternoon.

Snorzac

Buzz Killington

Spotted 470 broken down on Athllon around 4pm, was only being collected by the Tow Truck when I went back past a little after 6pm.

According to 'Bus 400', 815 broke down at Athllon/Drakeford and also had to be towed, which would explain the delay for 470.

Barry Drive

Fairly good chance that 302 will shortly feature a DL2 bike rack. Bus400 has photos showing why.