January 20, 2022, 05:05:16 PM

Route / Timetable discussion

Started by Buzz Killington, August 16, 2009, 08:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sylvan Loves Buses

Anytrip hasn't been showing me buses for the past couple of days, anyone else who uses it having the same issue?

triumph

Quote from: triumph on June 07, 2019, 12:02:05 AMDiversion from Hospital Rd Garran 11th to 20th June due road works.

TC Service Alerts advises R6 will not service the Canberra Hospital stop in Hospital Rd or the nearby stop in Gilmore Cresc. It seems the service will use Bateson Rd.

The 'secret' AMC Shuttle also uses Hospital Rd but is not mentioned in the Service Alert. Fits.
Quote from: triumph on December 05, 2019, 11:21:12 PMTC has issued a notice that Hospital Rd is closing for a period. Details of impact on R6 are given BUT as previously nothing has been said about the (secret) AMC Shuttle which also travels via Hospital Rd..

Hospital Road is closed yet again for 'roadworks'. (Actual road works I wonder or the use of road to support off road adjacent works?).

The stop closure/diversion notice issued by TC 19/5/20 mentions both R6 and, at last, the AMC Shuttle.

triumph

Route R3 has changed to by=pass Brindabella Business area until further notice. Reason given was traffic congestion,
It might be inferred that the Covid Testing site there is the cause of the congestion.

triumph

TC alerts advised of expected disruption to services last Fri afternoon but did not indicate why. Anyone know more?

Snorzac

One would assume possibly something to do with the Gold Creek School exposure site covering parents of children attending the school. You would think that some drivers, possibly (given the size of the school) may be affected by this.

Stan butler

Quote from: Snorzac on August 16, 2021, 12:28:35 AMOne would assume possibly something to do with the Gold Creek School exposure site covering parents of children attending the school. You would think that some drivers, possibly (given the size of the school) may be affected by this.

It would be interesting to see what happens with the services when (or if) more drivers have to isolate due to being "involved" with an exposure site.  That is, with the growing list of exposure sites, you could almost guarantee that some drivers would've been to at least 1 or 2 of those sites - so those drivers would have to test and isolate during the incubation period.   That will take drivers off the road.

Compounding this, if one driver tests positive and has been in the depot, then all drivers within contact would have to do the same - then a large swag of drivers would also have to come off the road.

I know there are many casuals and part-timers, but if this continues for a period of time, and considering the relative small size of Canberra's population (and the low level of degrees of separation in Canberra) then it is a risk for transport Canberra that they may not have enough drivers to service all the runs.

Bus 400

That's besides depot office staff, mechanics, refullers & transport officers. Practically all TC - Bus staff, atleast CDC/TC can fill in if LR has a COVID shut down. It'll be a long trip pushing a LRV along Adelaide Ave.

But as TfNSW has had to do now, there would now be a contingency plan in case this happens. I'd assume calling in Keirs/CDC/Murray's to run special rapids. But I'm fully speculating based off what Sydney has had to do.

Sylvan Loves Buses

To the best of your knowledge, have any of the following been used on local/school services in the past, and if yes where the bus stops were/are located?
-Jim Pike Ave between Woodcock Dr and Callaway Cres (Gordon)
-Jackie Howe Cres/Carson St (MacArthur)

King of Buses

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on August 25, 2021, 07:32:35 PMTo the best of your knowledge, have any of the following been used on local/school services in the past, and if yes where the bus stops were/are located?
-Jim Pike Ave between Woodcock Dr and Callaway Cres (Gordon)
-Jackie Howe Cres/Carson St (MacArthur)

No.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Okay.
So, was this planned to be a stop/terminus at some point but forgotten about when they didn't finish the road?

King of Buses

Terminus? No. Erindale, Chisholm and Richardson were always used as termini in that area, even for the interim services during construction. Potential stop though? Possibly, but not necessarily. From what I can gather, the version of Macarthur that was built was never meant to get a bus service - and that's due to the final design of Jackie Howe Cres, not because Carson St didn't continue through to Isabella Dr, so would think it unlikely they'd build a bay that's intended to be a bus stop, unless it had been given a new purpose. The houses there also don't seem to have driveways onto Carson St, so may also have something to do with that.

Bus 400

Looking at a 1989 version of a suburb plan, the part of Carson Street is planned to be shops. 

Originally, the only access to Pine Island was via the old Monaro Highway alignment. Which was a day trip even from Woden.

But I wonder if what became Carson St was the planned aligned for Isabella Drive/Pine Island Road? 
Similar to why Boddington Crescent in Kambah has a section like a dual carriageway. Either Drakeford Drive or Tuggeranong Parkway was planned to go that way. But that involves troving through Trove, sometimes for those stuck in lockdown......

But Government's change & plans change. Especially considering the planned route would of carved through what we know as Fadden Pines.

Bus 400

Quote from: Bus 400 on August 26, 2021, 06:56:15 PMOriginally, the only access to Pine Island was via the old Monaro Highway alignment. Which was a day trip even from Woden.

My mistake, Pine Island Road ran from Tharwa Road behind the now South Tuggeranong Fire Station.

Found a 1987 map, Carson St was originally called Kambah Road. Kambah Road continued to what's now an access road to a substation off Isabella Drive.

triumph

Have noticed a change in Strathnairn route 903.
Originally route doubled back via Arriotti, Havard, and Fairbrother Streets. It now continues on along and to the end (?) of Pro Hart Avenue, approximately a further 1/2km beyond Fairbrother, before doubling back at that point with a new stop there. (The street where Pro Hart currently ends seems yet to be name posted but may be Sally Ross Way.)
This change seems to have happened sometime since the July 18th 2020 printed TT booklet. Never noticed any TC announcement in Service Alerts ( perhaps buried in News) - can anyone enlighten?

narc855

That should because the construction work of Pro Hart Ave was not finished at that time.

Barry Drive

Quote from: triumph on December 02, 2021, 12:18:20 PMThis change seems to have happened sometime since the July 18th 2020 printed TT booklet. Never noticed any TC announcement in Service Alerts ( perhaps buried in News) - can anyone enlighten?
Not sure if there was any announcement. The first I was aware of it was from the timetable change in August.