Adelaide Ave and Yarra Glen Transit Lane

Started by smitho, September 11, 2010, 03:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smitho

Poles for new signs to replace existing Bus Lane signs were installed earlier this week.

Predictably, new poles and higher than the ones they replace, so new signs will almost certainly be higher and larger than the old ones - common trend whenever traffic signs get replaced around Canberra. Motorists' eyesight must be getting worse and worse!

Bus 400

Hopefully the T2 signs won't be included.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smitho

Press release from Roads ACT of 4 November has announced reitroduction of bus lane on Adelaide Ave following completion of GDE and the easing of traffic congestiuon on Adelaide Ave. No doubt Yarra Glen bus lane will be reinstated as well. Signs advertising the T2 transit lane to be removed over 12/13 November. Bus lanes take effect from Monday 14 Nov. Hooray!

Bus 400

I wonder what the odd's would be at ACTTAB for motorists getting caught in the bus lane in the first week?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

smitho

I was surprised more motorists didn't use the T2 lane; suspect many people didn't know what it was about.

lukeo25

I say just put cameras positioned to catch people traveling in the lane then fine them for doing so, its used in some parts of England

smitho

ACT Govt pamphlet doing the rounds at present - seeking public comment on the options of providing extra stops on theYarra Glen & Adelaide Ave Intertown corridor at Yarralumla, Deakin and Curtin...

Barry Drive

smitho

Quote from: lukeo25 on November 06, 2011, 12:07:29 AM
I say just put cameras positioned to catch people traveling in the lane then fine them for doing so, its used in some parts of England
Occasionally, ACT Policing has attempts to nab Transit Lane offenders ... they position themselves underneath the Cotter Rd overpass.

Pity they don't / can't grab the offenders who use the Transit Lane as an overtaking lane.