MyWay - general/operational discussion

Started by smitho, May 06, 2010, 08:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sylvan Loves Buses

Microchips inserted into our brains that detect our movements on and off buses and charging for the periods on the buses sort of 'contactless'? I'm sure that'll probably be worked on at some point.

Barry Drive

Quote from: verbatim9 on October 04, 2019, 11:07:57 AMIs MyWay getting an upgrade to allow for contactless payments in the future?
Short answer: no.

Long answer: new system expected in 2020.

Busnerd

Quote from: verbatim9 on October 04, 2019, 11:07:57 AMIs MyWay getting an upgrade to allow for contactless payments in the future?
Yes, that is part of the 'next generation ticketing system' the outgoing Transport Minister was constantly mentioning.

verbatim9

Barry Drive

Transport Canberra have just announced several new MyWay agents (including Coombs, Watson & Deakin). But more significantly, Access Canberra no longer offer MyWay services.

Also: replacement ticketing system is now 2021, at the earliest.

verbatim9

It happened in Qld too 7eleven no longer provide Go card services.  Not too far away then for implementation of smart ticketing down there.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Sylvan Loves Buses

Got to experience my first use of one of those single-use emergency bus passes this morning, although I never thought trying to get home after being discharded from hospital at 5:30am in the freezing cold would be my first. Would've loved to have kept it my bus ticket collection, but I know you have to hand them over.

triumph

Replacement contract for the new ticketing system has been signed according to the lead item of the ABC 7 o'clock news tonight.