Christmas/New Year Timetable 2010

Started by Bus 400, December 13, 2010, 06:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 400

The modified timetable for those few days in between Christmas & New Years as well as the Christmas Day specials are now available from the ACTION website. For more informtion visit http://www.action.act.gov.au/christmas%20and%20new%20year%202010.html, call 13 17 10 or visit a MyWay or Information Office located at Tuggeranong, Woden, City & Belconnen.

Buzz Killington

Interesting, they've got Route 90 serving the Alexander Maconochie Centre exclusively.

Bus 400

I can't find any refenece to it, but I am sure there was a Christmas day service from the City to AMC, but l;ast year it went via Constitution Ave/Parkes Way & Wentworth Avenue to the AMC. This would be the only change to the Christmas Network 2010.

It is also sad that half of Gungahlin miss out on a Christmas Day service.

Barry Drive

Apparently "Travel on Christams Day is free." Is this a new holiday, like Festivus?

Also interesting that the 300 service only services Belconnen Community Bus Station, yet there is no way for a bus which arrives on one side of the station to then depart on the other side (no turnaround). So will the inbound services perhaps travel via Cameron Ave (R) Benjamin Way (R) Cohen St to BCBS. I can't see any other way to make this work other than to use the Westfield Station to turn around.

Having had a look at route 94, the map is unchanged from last year - even though Macgregor St in Deakin is now fully open to traffic. Wonder if this was an oversight.

Is it possible to turn right from De Bortoli St into Flemington Road any more (rte 97)? If not, then that's another route error - it might need to go along Wizard St instead.

There was no route 90 in the timetable booklet last year.

Bus 400

Quote from: MyWay on December 14, 2010, 12:28:44 AM
Is it possible to turn right from De Bortoli St into Flemington Road any more (rte 97)? If not, then that's another route error - it might need to go along Wizard St instead.

I had a look today, it isn't possible to turn right onto Flemington Road from De Bortoli. At least the intersection of Flemington Road & Mapleton Avenue should be large enough for a bus to do a u-turn.

Barry Drive

Even if it were possible, it's illegal to perform a U-Turn at traffic lights.

Bus 400

Quote from: MyWay on December 20, 2010, 11:42:37 AM
Even if it were possible, it's illegal to perform a U-Turn at traffic lights.

Woopsie, I thought it was legal only if there wasn't a sign stating no u turn.

400:D

Quote from: Bus 400 on December 20, 2010, 01:21:51 PM
Woopsie, I thought it was legal only if there wasn't a sign stating no u turn.

Is it legal to U turn on the Northbourne Dickson Intersection? Cause I keep seeing transborders U-turning there.

Busnerd

it is legal where signposted that a u turn is permitted

Barry Drive

Quote from: MyWay on December 14, 2010, 12:28:44 AM
Having had a look at route 94, the map is unchanged from last year - even though Macgregor St in Deakin is now fully open to traffic. Wonder if this was an oversight.

Transport Planning have replied to me. Route 94 will remain unchanged since the map has already been released to the public. Route 97 will be amended to travel Anthony Rolfe, Wizard, Flemington instead of De Bortoli. (Ed - make sure you take note of this!)

Bus 400

Route 97 has been altered on the ACTION website, it now travels via Flemington Road & a left onto Wizard & then down Anthony Rolfe to complete a loop back to Gungahlin

Barry Drive

By changing the direction of the loop, they could have still used De Bortoli St! Never mind.

Barry Drive

I found an incomplete set of Route Directions for the 2010 Christmas Day services. Route 90 varies slightly from the map in that it will travel via Macquarie Street rather than National Circuit. (Directions in ACT Bus have been modified again.)

I am also reliably informed that the Route 90 services will be operated by SNT. Rosa perhaps?

Also, the directions for Route 96 do not agree with the map in Florey (map shows 2nd Ratcliffe Cres, directions say 1st Ratcliffe Cres). So if you intend to catch Route 96, I suggest you do so from John Cleland Cres.

Bus 400

While I was attempting to photograph some of these services, it appears one Christmas shift wasn't covered. As I waited for the 98 service (that was meant to arrive in City Bus Station at 11:06) on Condamine Street in Turner until 11:15. Then I went to photograph the Route 95 due at Deakun shops at 11:35ish & it was a no show. Sadly these services were near the time when the next service wasn't for 2 hours (Christmas lunch break).

I spotted a few people waiting at there normal stops for normal routes, sadly these stops weren't serviced by the Xmas loops. They look unsavory people so I left them be (just on the off chance something was going on).