Lyons BIKE>PARK>RIDE

Started by smitho, June 25, 2011, 09:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smitho

Work commenced on this project mid-week. It is located on the vacant land on Melrose Drive adjoining the northbound Intertown blue Rapid stop and adjoining the Protestant church on the corner of Melrose & Launceston.

I guess it will be a  'bike & ride' as well if Mawson is anything to go by.

Barry Drive

I believe it is going to be a bike cage only (refer to 2010 budget).

smitho

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on June 26, 2011, 12:55:08 AM
I believe it is going to be a bike cage only (refer to 2010 budget).

Ah yes, the BIKE>PARK>RIDE pamplet put out by T for C confirms what you say.

smitho

New bike garage adjacent to northbound Lyons Intertown stop is nearing completion; features ACTION orange color scheme - much nicer appearance than the grey chook house looking thing they've built for cyclists at one of the Red Rapid stops along Flemington Rd southbound.

Thinking of the structure at Lyons - concluded that bikes are getting far superior accommodation and weather protection than do the human being waiting at the bare, exposed adjoining bus stop, which only has a modest AdShel to service the many punters who use this stop.

Noticed the other day that the tin shed type shelter at the Intertown stop northbound across from the Woden Tradies Club has been refurbished - main improvement being that the semi-collapsed roof, which has been in that state for several years, has been replaced with a straight roof which looks half decent. Additional passenger protection is warranted for this very busy stop.