January 19, 2022, 03:05:23 AM

Spending a penny

Started by smitho, January 15, 2013, 09:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

smitho

ACTION drivers and supervisors amenties blocks up due for refurbishment and renewal over coming weeks...

Bus 400

The Belconnen fuel facilities are also up for public consultation. The development application can be found at http://www.actpla.act.gov.au/topics/your_say/comment/pubnote?sq_content_src=%2BdXJsPWh0dHAlM0ElMkYlMkZhcHBzLmFjdHBsYS5hY3QuZ292LmF1JTJGcHVibm90ZSUyRnB1Ym5vdGVEZXRhaWxfbmV3LmFzcCUzRkRBX25vJTNEMjAxMjIyODYwJmFsbD0x

smitho

Quote from: smitho on January 15, 2013, 09:11:43 PM
ACTION drivers and supervisors amenties blocks up due for refurbishment and renewal over coming weeks...

Should read AMENITIES blocks (sub-editorial error)....

belcodriver

Spence terminus was repainted before Christmas.

smitho

Quote from: Bus 400 on January 15, 2013, 09:42:49 PM
The Belconnen fuel facilities are also up for public consultation. The development application can be found at http://www.actpla.act.gov.au/topics/your_say/comment/pubnote?sq_content_src=%2BdXJsPWh0dHAlM0ElMkYlMkZhcHBzLmFjdHBsYS5hY3QuZ292LmF1JTJGcHVibm90ZSUyRnB1Ym5vdGVEZXRhaWxfbmV3LmFzcCUzRkRBX25vJTNEMjAxMjIyODYwJmFsbD0x

Noticed one of those ACTPLA public notices on a stick outside Belco Depot today, so I guess it has to do with the Belco fuel facilities.

Things seem to have gone very quiet re Woden Depot fuel facilities as has talk of scaling-up ACTION's presence there.....

belcodriver

Quote from: smitho on January 16, 2013, 11:17:31 PM
Noticed one of those ACTPLA public notices on a stick outside Belco Depot today, so I guess it has to do with the Belco fuel facilities.

Things seem to have gone very quiet re Woden Depot fuel facilities as has talk of scaling-up ACTION's presence there.....

Pretty sure Woden Depot is not going to reopen because a) the fuel tanks have holes and would need to be replaced and possibly contaminated soil would need to be removed and b) there is no lift to the first floor so thus the building is not compliant with the Disability Discrimination Act.

I have heard a rumour of a plan for a brand new depot in Molonglo.

Bus 400

The original plan was to use the temporary tanks as the new tanks at Woden Depot.

smitho

Several years ago, ACT government planners were considering the use of Woden Depot as a layover facility once the "Hellenic layover" is sold for private property ventures.

(This wqas linked to timing of the redevelopment of Woden Interchange).

Barry Drive

Quote from: smitho on January 16, 2013, 11:17:31 PM
Things seem to have gone very quiet re Woden Depot fuel facilities as has talk of scaling-up ACTION's presence there.....
Hmm. The tender for "Remediation of Fuel Storage Facility" at Woden has been withdrawn. Given the current bus tender will not increase the fleet size for the next 5 years, maybe the plans to use Woden as a satellite depot have been abandoned. (Speculation only.)

Meanwhile, the two replacement diesel tanks have been installed at Belconnen Depot although they are not yet in service. The fuel delivery point is still being built (in the lane above the bowsers - fuel tanker will no longer need to back in to the depot to deliver fuel); and the new bowsers have yet to be installed.

Barry Drive

Almost 5 years after services to DFO / Canberra Outlet Centre commenced, two bus driver toilets are finally being installed at the mini-layover near "Fyshwick Park & Ride".

Not sure why there will be two, since there's only room to park one bus.

Busnerd