General Discussion

Started by Buzz Killington, April 02, 2008, 06:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busnerd

Has anyone seen the MAN's running on tuggy weekend runs?

Irisbus Rider

MAN 18.310CNG reported seeing one of them on a weekend service.

Snorzac

Quote from: Richard Vernon on October 08, 2008, 02:26:53 PM
i spotted 378 on Route 4 in the City this morning too.
That would be what it did after the 10. The driver that had it yesterday arvo had it again today, he does a northbound 313 leaving the city at 1254 and a southbound one that leaves Belco at about 2:15
Quote from: Busnerd on October 08, 2008, 04:43:37 PM

Yes there was 375 doing a 900 on Saturday but that's all I've seem so far

Snorzac

Forgot to mention that 374 was having problems with the kneeling suspension today. When the driver went to make it go down it went up, a lot of old people got pissed at him. I also saw someone getting a picture of 378 in the belco inter today, I have a feeling that it was Carrie

Busnerd

Well if someone can check over the next two weekends if they are out, as a few of us might be down on the 25/26th and they all wanna ride a MAN so, if you can all keep your eyes out to see how many are out on weekends, thanks.

Buzz Killington

i'll try to keep a lookout, but i've only seen one in service at all, and that was 378 today.

Snorzac

I have seen every single one doing a service except for 379 and 380, I have been on all the others as well. But then again, I did get 17 buses yesterday

Irisbus Rider

Are you showing off or something :P

Lol.

Snorzac

Snorzac

Has anyone noticed on the parking location sticker for 918 someone has written gutless on it. 980 really needs a touch up with the paint. The orange is flaking off and you can now see blue in places from the old AOA

Irisbus Rider

Yeah, thats happening to 869, 880, 979 and 109.

An interesting desto I saw the other day;

How did that happen?!

Buzz Killington

an extra "0" on the 30 desto perhaps?

Irisbus Rider

Yeah, must be, but I thought that could only be done on certain destos, didn't know that the Scania LED ones could.

Talking about the function where you can choose a number, and a different desto.

Buzz Killington

I'm not sure - i meant that it could be that the "30" desto was incorrectly programmed and displays "300"

Busnerd

Ryan would be correct, looks like someone type one too many zero's, so whilst the code would be correct like 300 or 301 it is displaying 300.

the code for the 300 would be 3000 - 3005

Snorzac

I have seen it. The 30 that is run by a Scania that arrives at Belconnen at about 7:50am always has it. It says 30 Belconnen Interchange and then scrolls to 300 via Girilang.......

It's probably just a corrupted file like the 0 Cemetery..........Call Police instead of 0 Emergency........Call Police

Irisbus Rider

Ah, lol, ok.

ACTION ought to fix that up.....

Snorzac

Yes, I know, it's weird. Rob showed me that. Mat (Busnerd) showed him that.

Busnerd

Neither of them are corrupted, they were just programmed by someone who had no idea how to use helen

belcodriver

Heard a great story today. The other day at Belconnen High - one of my and many other drivers least favourite schools BTW - a bunch of kids got off their school bus to watch a fight. One of them asked the driver to wait and the driver said the bus leaves at 2:55 as always. He left as promised and delivered 17 schoolbags to the lost property bin in the depot.

Irisbus Rider

Ha ha, thats gold! Thanks for sharing that, should teach the kids! Fantastic story though! :P

Hope the driver will be ok picking them up tomorrow, I've seen them, and they're an aggresive bunch.

CanberraTransport

lol haha... that driver's got balls. Imagine how many of the kids (and not to mention, their parents) would've wanted to throttle him after that. Good work to him though!

Ed

QuoteOne of them asked the driver to wait and the driver said the bus leaves at 2:55 as always. He left as promised and delivered 17 schoolbags to the lost property bin in the depot.

Kudos to the driver.

belcodriver

He's a big guy and he doesn't take any shit from anyone so I think he'll be alright. One of the kids said his parents were very upset but then admitted to the driver that he hadn't told them why he'd lost his bag.

Irisbus Rider

Yeah, the parents always make other people out to be the baddies. Kids always pull the cotton wool over their parents eyes.

Oh well, if anything comes out of it, I'm sure the union would be behind him. It's been a while since we've seen a good old fashioned strike :P

Buzz Killington

haha, nice work by the driver.

belcodriver

Quote from: Irisbus Rider on October 17, 2008, 07:52:51 PM
Yeah, the parents always make other people out to be the baddies. Kids always pull the cotton wool over their parents eyes.

Oh well, if anything comes out of it, I'm sure the union would be behind him. It's been a while since we've seen a good old fashioned strike :P

They didn't seem to do much for the driver who got sacked for punching a cyclist who spat on him.

Ed

Ah cyclists, I remember once when I was on the route 43 to Belconnen, just before the bus was heading up the ramp of Belco interchange. There was a dickhead of a cyclist who crossed the intersection on a red light (which almost caused a collision with the bus). When the driver gave him a mouthful (which, IMO, he had every right to do so), the cyclist proceeded to ride alongside the bus and punched the bodywork of the bus as he was riding along.   

Buzz Killington

i was sitting at the lights on northbourne a few months ago and over in the right lane saw a cyclist stop next to a car and punch the passenger side mirror until it was smashed and hanging off.. the driver jumped out and ran after the cyclist as he rode away, grabbed him and his bike and pulled him into the median strip. i drove around the block and the police were already there.

not sure why the cyclist did that but im guessing he was cut off or something. Most cyclists are pretty good but you do get the few that give the rest a bad name by running red lights then hurling abuse when cars who are doing the right thing get in their way.

belcodriver

I cycle a bit and I've abused people for pulling out in front of me and then they've told me to get off the road the bogan fucktards. My sympathies are generally with the cyclists but basically cars and bikes should be separated. Canberra's got some nice bikepaths but they're rarely direct to where you want to go.

Oh and when I'm on my bike I treat red lights as give way signs, what's the problem with that?

Sir Pompously

I have always found Bikepaths quite direct, especially in the older suburbs. I have one just down the road from me, and it takes me straight to Tuggeranong, then I can follow that path and it takes me to Woden which is also quite direct as it follows Athllon Drive. 

On a bike and on the road you must obey all road rules relating to any vehicle using a road. Red lights, give way signs and Stop signs must be obeyed. I have felt like kicking a few off their bikes for riding through pedestrian traffic lights while people are crossing! The way I see it is onroad cycle lanes are a good idea, however giving priority on major roads to cyclists (ie green lanes on exits on an 80km/h road) is the stupidist idea in the world. It is dangerous for the cyclist and the vehicles using the road (Having to slow down or stop on the road to allow cyclists to continue on the lane) and also takes away a priority over vehicles who actually pay a shitload to purchase registration for their cars to use the roads. 

Snorzac

Quote from: Busnerd on October 08, 2008, 04:43:37 PM
376, 377 and 377 were out both days. Well not sure where 377 and 378 were today but they weren't at the depot, that's for sure.

In other news, it looks like all the .3s at Belco which were due for a full back add change or didn't already have one have now received the Dralion one, Most of the ones that didn't already have them ie. 991 don't have the black strips down the side.

Jack Bauer

I was driving alongside 370 last nigth on Adelaide Avenue (I was in teh right lane, 370 in the BL), anyway, I was doing between 90-92ks and 370 was still nudging ahead of me. I swear it could have been doing 93-94 at one stage.. (it wasnt packed i guess but still moderately filled as it was a 300 late at night) .....   I didnt know they had that much in them...

Irisbus Rider

some of those scanias surprisingly do, but they all vary. i do believe the modified ones are completely different to your standard scania.

Snorzac

Quote from: Jack Bauer on October 24, 2008, 04:56:26 PM
I was driving alongside 370 last nigth on Adelaide Avenue (I was in teh right lane, 370 in the BL), anyway, I was doing between 90-92ks and 370 was still nudging ahead of me. I swear it could have been doing 93-94 at one stage.. (it wasnt packed i guess but still moderately filled as it was a 300 late at night) .....   I didnt know they had that much in them...

I had 370 yesterday, it was running almost 10min. early on the 313 by the time it got to Belco. It was going pretty fast. What time was it? The driver I had was horrible to all the old ladies telling them  "hurry up, I'm late" even though he was almost 10min early.

Snorzac

Some bazaar scenes outside CISAC today. First thing I saw was 316 blackened by exhaust with the engine open and then less than 50m up the road was the most bazaar thing. 308 was in the middle of the intersection engine cover open and a trail of sand that stretched of about 300m which ended where 308 was. The only thing I can think of was a petrol spill. I came back later and 316 was with the breakdown truck and 308 with the tow truck.

Another strange thing happened that I can't work out. 959 went up on the 904 that I was going to get but it never came back. The supervisors van turned up. I know that the driver who had it does a 907 and then another 904 after that particular run. While waiting for my 905, 959 pulled up with another driver finishing a 907 and then going straight on to a 904. WTF??

Snorzac

377 and 374 were out and about today

Why does my last post say I used my mobile? I posted via my computer

ec6060

Quote from: Irisbus Rider on October 08, 2008, 06:46:24 PM
MAN 18.310CNG reported seeing one of them on a weekend service.

about 5 of them were seen at belco this afternoon

belcodriver

Quote from: MAN 18.310 CNG on October 25, 2008, 04:17:41 PM
The only thing I can think of was a petrol spill.

Can't have been a petrol spill as Irises burn diesel.

Snorzac

Diesel spill then. But whatever happened it didn't take a lot to fix as it was back on the road today

Irisbus Rider

Ha ha, yeah. The low floor buses are of urgent priority, so either they fixed it up quick smart, or it was no biggie.

Snorzac

Not sure who has being on 378 other than John and myself but if you've being on it you will know what I mean. When the bus it leaving a stop the engine revs it sounds like a normal take off but it doesn't move and then in jerks and starts to move,

Not sure what it could be, I can think of 2 possible causes:
1. Gearbox Problems
2. Delay in the door interlock

Buzz Killington

It wouldn't be the door interlock. The bus won't move an inch otherwise.

377 was a bit jerky when we were on it Sunday. IIRC Ken said it was something that afflicts gas buses. One of the other guys could confirm.

Busnerd

Could be something as simple as the driver having short stop or the bus stop brake on and forgetting to take it off before pulling out.

Snorzac

Irisbus Rider

Yeah, MAN 18.310 is right, they are jerky. I think the Voith box is still problematic, IMO, but I'm no expert.

Snorzac

It's only 377 that is Jerky. As for the parking brake and short stop theory with 378 it has happened with every driver I have had. I think that the interlock is a bit slow as it doesn't happen at traffic lights. 376 did it the first few times I was on it but hasn't done it recently.

bubzie

i was on 378 yesterday, and it was fine..

Snorzac

Maybe I just keep getting drivers in it that are slow to release the short stop, or just jump the gun with the accelerator before the interlock

Irisbus Rider

Ha ha, used to 100.2s, they must be. I love it when they begin to rev the bus up before the brake releases!