Christmas / reduced timetable 2016-17

Started by Barry Drive, November 24, 2016, 11:28:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Drive

According to comment on Facebook, the timetables for the modified Christmas/New Year holiday period will be online late next week and printed versions available the week after that.

A new GTFS is out which gives some information - including changes to the Christmas Day routes. This year Dunlop will be getting a service (but still none to West Macgregor). Updated descriptions for these routes will be added to the ACTBus.net website later.

Night Rider has been announced for this year.

Instead of the previous system of flexible routes to all suburbs, fixed Routes 200 (City - Gungahlin and return) and 300 (Belconnen - Tuggeranong and return) will run until 2am, in partnership with Uber for onward connections.

Routes 200 and 300 will operate on Friday and Saturday evenings, so weekday route numbers on weekends. They will also not depart from their normal platforms in the City, according to the PDF timetables: 200 north from Platform 5, 300 north from Platform 5 and 300 south from Platform 7.

http://www.transport.act.gov.au/routes-and-timetables/new-night-rider

Bus 400

For most people, this will mean an increase on the $5 fare, especially those from Calwell, south who miss out on the  $10 "discount".
They must of wanted to increase the complaint traffic to @ACTIONBUSES* on Friday & Saturday nights.
*I'm aware of the change.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Northside

So, the idea has merit, I just don't understand the logic of some of the finer details tho.

1. Why do Lanyon and Calwell residents miss out on the Uber discount, yet residents of Ainslie or O'Conner get it after catching a bus one or two stops.
2. On the point above, the map indicates that Uber can only be called at the interchanges, not from all bus stops, if so, who's Catching a bus to Gungahlin or Belconnen, to then catch an Uber back to the inner north?
3. Why not use the 900 route to at least service Erindale as another option for south residents?
4. I would have thought every second bus on the Blue Rapid could be extended to Kippax and Lanyon.
5. Is 20 min frequency on the 200 really needed given it carries a frequency of 30 mins during the day on a weekend anyway.
6. For NYE, I think this system is not going to be popular with families or groups. I would have thought giving more suburban routes in place of 10 min frequencies would have been preferable.
7. Still no January Nightrider (when most Canberra residents return and still want to make use of summer nights out) - boo!

There's an announcement on the Transport Canberra website for the modified timetable: http://www.transport.act.gov.au/news-and-events/items/december-2016/christmas-holiday-bus-timetable-effective-from-monday-19-december

Individual timetables are available, although looking through randomly I can see a few issues with some of the HTML tables. It also appears that all the PDF links just go to the normal, August, timetables, rather than modified ones.

Perhaps it's still being worked on.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

BUS 512 now carries a rear ad for Night Rider + UBER.

vnguyen

As always the inner south gets to miss out on the whole thing.

What do you mean "as always"? Previously there have been Night Rider services to the inner south.

vnguyen

In terms of the buses which goes to the interchanges. Inner South usually don't have a interchange except Barton Bus Station.

Hardcopy books now available from the City.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Books? awesome!

Are they prettily designed like the current books too?

Sylvan Loves Buses

Nope, nevermind, they look as boring as last years :(