December/January timetable

Started by Barry Drive, November 30, 2019, 10:22:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on December 10, 2023, 09:43:32 PMLol, f*** that.
I am genuinely curious - where does this attitude come from?

It's a polite request from TC; it won't be enforced; the ride is still free; it doesn't take more than a second or two per passenger.

Bus967

It does make me wonder, for those who buy tickets, And then they find out it's free travel, will they just stop buying tickets for the Christmas New Year period? And I do also wonder is there gonna be a big fat? Spike in? "sorry, I don't have my Myway card." I'll admit, hearing that with at least three passengers on one route is a little bit disenchanting, even though I know I'm paying for My own ride it's just making me think, surely some of fare must probably put some food on the table for the drivers, Even though I know, they haven't accepted cash for awhile, I do wonder if they should potentially bring back the OF (OPENFARE) , Just so that way, the driver can ask "do you have anything? Just even five cents would do"

I'll probably put the rest of my thoughts in a post a bit later

Sylvan Loves Buses

Quote from: 743 on December 11, 2023, 07:28:03 AMI am genuinely curious - where does this attitude come from?
You'll have to wait for me to be in the right mood to answer this properly. It's quite a layerred answer and honestly I would prefer to answer it in person.

Bus 400

Quote from: Bus967 on December 16, 2023, 12:52:11 AMI do wonder if they should potentially bring back the OF (OPENFARE) , Just so that way, the driver can ask "do you have anything? Just even five cents would do"

Once the new MyWay readers come online, sneaky drivers will ask passengers to tap their wallet/purse/phone on the reader. If similar to Opal, the system will deduct $1 at first. Deduct the rest a few days later, if there's money in the account or not.