Civic Platform Smash

Started by Lockie, September 06, 2008, 06:27:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lockie

Platform 7 in Civic got smashed this afternoon. I was quite shocked when i saw it happen.

As the bus swerved in, it went a bit to close to the edge and nicked the little blue sign, which in turn lead to the entire platform roof cracking.

The images below show the glass that has been pulled down by the crew. Nothing actually fell following the hit.

Here are some screenshots of the clean up job.

The clean up guys.
http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/8044/img0151lk7.jpg
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/8193/img0154mn5.jpg

Snorzac

which bus did this damage. was there any damage to the bus, and did the route continue?

Lockie

I forgot to take note of the bus. It did not appear to be damaged in any way from where I was standing (about 10 meters away)

Trolleybusracer

Its a accident waiting to happen with them signs, no one thinks of the driver, the overhang on the buses doesnt help either, just found a design flaw in the structure? the whole roof glass shouldn't "break" maybe one pane. bet it will be normal glass replaced? no more footprints? 

belcodriver

Ha, same thing happened about 2 years ago. A Scania came in sharply cos there was another bus on the platform, got the front wheel up on the kerb and the gas tank smashed the glass. Apparently cost the driver $6000.

Snorzac

Quote from: Trolleybusracer on September 06, 2008, 07:34:59 PM
Its a accident waiting to happen with them signs, no one thinks of the driver, the overhang on the buses doesnt help either, just found a design flaw in the structure? the whole roof glass shouldn't "break" maybe one pane. bet it will be normal glass replaced? no more footprints? 

What is with the footprints anyway??

Jack Bauer

Busnerd

I dont believe that, the only way that could happen is if a scania mounted the kerb, as the sign is set too far back to be hit from the road.

Snorzac

It's smashed, no damage to the sign though

Sir Pompously

Oh he can see it is smashed, we all can. However hitting the sign is a little unbelievable as there is no damage seen on the sign at all. Hitting the roof is another story, and it may have looked like it hit the sign but hit the roof instead.

Irisbus Rider

Probably what actually happened, yeah.

Yeah, it is a fairly bad design as others have already mentioned. At least now, the bogans haven't had the satisfaction of smashing it themselves.

Lockie

From where I was standing I could not see if it directly hit the glass roof (it most probably did), but it most definitely hit the blue sign, which sprung back following the bus turning out.

Trolleybusracer

Snorzac

Irisbus Rider

Not as of late last week. Chances are they won't, it will just get smashed again fairly quickly, by bogans this time.

Bus 400

It would be curious to find out what did exactly happen with this accident (I'll see who I can pick on to get the info) as in the lest few weeks a driver went to the front of the pack on Platform 8 & hit the metal sign, so much that the sign shook, but no damage to the glass.

This panel on Platform 7 still hasn't been replaced.

Bus 400

There is less then 1% chance this glass panel will ever be replaced. They cost something like $7000 per panel & that panel had been broken 3 or more times.

It was that a bus hit the blue sign & the sign vibrated up to the shelter roof.