Pod Repairs

Started by Buzz Killington, May 05, 2009, 04:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz Killington

Drove past Tuggers depot this arvo and saw a mechanic up on top of one of the MANs (37-something), which was missing its pod.

Snorzac

Quote from: Mr Snrub on May 05, 2009, 04:29:07 PM
Drove past Tuggers depot this arvo and saw a mechanic up on top of one of the MANs (37-something), which was missing its pod.
Wouldn't surprise me, the amount of them with huge holes in the pod is appalling.

Irisbus Rider

Maybe ACTION should have opted for the recessed pod, while sacrificing room inside the bus (even I can still fit standing up with the recessed pod), it would have saved them a packet with replacing these fibreglass pods.
Maybe a temporary solution would be to place some sort of a strengthened steel at the front end of the pod, steel capped pods, ha ha.

Buzz Killington

i prefer snickers pods myself

:rimshot:

Bus 400

Well this is what it is like in a Transperth Merc with a sunk gas pod.

The gas pod ends just before the air intake thing. It can't be seen, but the pod starts just behind the drivers cabin.

But at Tuggeranong Interchange, you may notice that the signs for Platforms 5 & 6 have been smashed by buses.

Buzz Killington

or rather than looking at a transperth bus, you could just look at 990 and 991.

Bus 400

I suppose so, but we do need to compare it to a bus built in this century. Also it isn't completely related, but MAN parts can be used on Merc's.

Buzz Killington

990 and 991 were both built within the last 100 years, champ.

Bus 400

Not what I mean. 990 & 991 were built in the 90's which is classified as last century. While Transperth 1971 was built in 2007/8 which is this century.

Buzz Killington

I know what you meant, however a better choice may have been "decade"

Bus 400

I was going to choose the next above century, but forgot the spelling.

Bus 400

As mentioned above, Bus 375 is the bus without a gas pod cover. It is also missing the gas pods & only has  a small shell on it at the moment.

Busnerd

That looks pretty funny like that, they never seem to run out of soft toys down there do they!?