Canberra Airport Spotting Pt 1

Started by Snorzac, July 12, 2011, 01:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snorzac

Here are more pictures from ages back, nine this part and four in the other I think.

First up is Canidair CL-600-2B16 Callenger 604, A37-001, landing in Canberra. This is part of the RAAF's executive transport fleet.

Next is Virgin Australia Embraer E170, VH-ZHC, Irrasista-Blue as it taxis to runway 35, this aircraft was withdrawn from service the following afternoon before departing the country to operate in the states for Delta Connection.

VH-ZHC again

Raytheon Kingair VH-JET taxis out, if only the rego was on a jet!

Dash 8-Q400 VH-QON prepares for departure.

Dash 8-Q300 VH-TQK lands on the cross runway.

VH-QOH is seen landing on Runway 35

TQK pulling into the gate

and last of all, after a stint operating in New Zealand for Jetconnect as ZK-JTS, VH-TJZ  'Port Pire' is seen arriving after a week back in Australia.

smitho

Good photos there thanks Zac. I guess VH-TJZ  'Port Pire' is a 200 series....

Snorzac

400 series. I don't believe Qantas or Australian ever operated the 200 series.

TJZ is one of three 737-400s in the fleet that was not originally delivered to Australia Airlines. It does however carry their Boeing customer code '76' making it a 737-476, Had it have been ordered by Qantas it would have been a 737-438.

Kramden

That VH TJZ shot is 'post card perfect' Zac.  You can see the motion in the shot.  What are you snapping on?  Not a phone camera.  Nice work.

Sir Pompously

Qantas/Australian operated the -376, -476. Ansett had the 737-277, but only for a few years before getting the -377 (And never upgrading from those).

Snorzac

Quote from: Kramden on July 13, 2011, 06:39:36 AM
What are you snapping on?  Not a phone camera.  Nice work.
Canon EOS450D with a 200mm lens

Kramden

Quote from: Metrobus on July 13, 2011, 11:46:09 AM
Canon EOS450D with a 200mm lens

Nice.  I have a 350D but only with a standard lens.  I get quite good results when doing general/no frills jobs.  At work we use the big Canon 5D.  Serious kit man.

smitho

Remember doing a return trip to Brisbane using Ansett Mark II northbound B 737-200 series (the no-frills operation which was ran while the airline was under Administration awaiting the Tesna syndicates decision on whether to buy and re-launch the collapsed operation).

Returned on a brand new Virgin Blue B 737 (800 or 900 series)...quite a contrast in the interiors of the two aircraft, Ansett's looking decidedly tired. Only refreshments on the Ansett flight was bottled water. What a come-down for the once mighty airline. How different things might have been if the Government had permitted Singapore Airlines to take it over

Snorzac

Annsett Mk II ran using only A320s, and I dare say the Virgin Aircraft was most likely a 737-700

Sir Pompously

Would have been the "Skystar" A320 for Ansett, as sadly the -200's went in the late 80's. They only saw about 5 years of service. The last Ansett interior was the nicest they had, craps all over the cheap and nasty Qantas grey and the horrid blue interior. However, in 2000 I had one with an old interior that did look a little worse for wear.  The refurbished interior had blue, yellow and red seats (with a black leaf pattern), with each colour in the block scattered throughout the aircraft. Similar to the way DJ have their latest interior with the purple, grey and red headrests.

smitho

Quote from: Sir Pompously on July 15, 2011, 08:06:09 AM
Would have been the "Skystar" A320 for Ansett, as sadly the -200's went in the late 80's. They only saw about 5 years of service. The last Ansett interior was the nicest they had, craps all over the cheap and nasty Qantas grey and the horrid blue interior. However, in 2000 I had one with an old interior that did look a little worse for wear.  The refurbished interior had blue, yellow and red seats (with a black leaf pattern), with each colour in the block scattered throughout the aircraft. Similar to the way DJ have their latest interior with the purple, grey and red headrests.
Yes, you and Zac are right - it'd HAVE to have been a A320. As you say, that's all that Ansett Mark II operated.