Where Is It? #56

Started by Irisbus Rider, July 20, 2009, 08:41:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz Killington

Irisbus Rider

Not Miller St in O'Connor.

Time for a clue; the weekend portion of the route on this street is serviced by an Xpresso (on weekdays obviously)

Buzz Killington

Damn you and your popular threads with hard to guess images! my record is going to get beaten!

Snorzac

Then why did you post that? You are only getting him closer to the record :P

Buzz Killington

He's gunna get there anyway

unless some posts just happen to mysteriously disappear...

The Love Guru

How many more posts does he need?

Bus 400

This "Where Is It" has now beaten the record with my post

Deamer Crescent RICHARDSON

Irisbus Rider

Not Deamer Cres Richardson.

You're all not taking note of the clues, dirty road, Xpresso, weekend and weekday differations.
And whatever you do, please, think outside of the square.

If this thread keeps going like this, a different angle of the bus will be posted.

Ha ha at the presumably french person in that picture.

Buzz Killington

its Dick Dastardly, famed for his moustache twirling.

The Love Guru

Next clue

This street has recently (as of february this year) had a change to the number of buses that service it.

Irisbus Rider

Ok, a review of incorrect guesses, this time, by suburb.

The photo was not taken in the following suburbs;
Narrabundah
Mawson
Yarralumla
Deakin
Ainslie
Dickson
Watson
Downer
Griffith
Chifley
Red Hill
Macgregor
Torrens
Oxley
Garran
Chisholm
O'Connor
Richardson

Aren't too many suburbs left lol.

Recapping the clues;
-"Dirty roadbase"
-"It is a street that has a 7 day a week service, however the section of the street serviced during the week is different to that serviced on the weekend, however this does not miss any bus stops"
-"The weekend portion of the route on this street is serviced by an Xpresso (on weekdays obviously)"
-"This street has recently (as of february this year) had a change to the number of buses that service it."
-"Closest where is it guess so far: Narrabundah".

And one of the biggest suggestions I can give is to think outside of the square.

Here's the photo for page 2;

Guess away!

Buzz Killington

Irisbus Rider

Not Newcastle St. But Fyshwick is correct.

Bus 400

Lithgow Street FYSHWICK

smitho

The Street opposite the market at right angles to Canberra Ave (Nyrang St I think its called).

smitho

Or more likely, Mildura St --- there have been a lot of muddy trucks coming out of the Market redevelopment site, the reason for the dirty road.....

smitho

or could it be Wentworth Ave, near the new construction site there?

Irisbus Rider

It is indeed TP3000s guess, the photo was taken on Lithgow St prior to commencing a 980. Good work there, hope all
the clues now makes sense!

smitho

Bus 400

Yay, I would like to thank those that gave the clues.

Is "Think Outside The Square" a slogan for a company near there?

Irisbus Rider

No, think outside the square was supposed to indicate it's not a suburb in a town centre as such.

Irisbus Rider

Here's the original shot, as you can see, it would have given it away instantly.

Yes, I know editing it was quite sneaky, but it was a major clue, and no rules were bent in this process.

Enjoy!

Bus 400

It still doesn't look like Fyshwick. The building at the back of the bus looks like an older style house.

Irisbus Rider

I would have thought the cement factory in the background, and that big conbeyor would have given it away as an Industrial suburb.

Yes, it is an old house, as this part of Fyshwick was built in the 50s/60s. But it has a front fence, which is not allowed in the ACT (Is that correct or a myth?), so that ruled out most of suburban Canberra.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Chris_Guru on July 24, 2009, 09:24:19 AM
It is a street that has a 7 day a week service, however the section of the street serviced during the week is different to that serviced on the weekend, however this does not miss any bus stops and is the only location i can think of in Canberra that has this occur.
I can now think of another location where this occurs. But I won't say where - might save that for another 'trivia' quiz.

The Love Guru

Wentworth Ave is another possible contender, as is Katherine Ave at Amaroo